Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 6:40 PM
This video has a little more information:

[Auto generated transcript]
Quote:
My name is Hyungjun Kim, who is known as the PD that ventured into this genre for the first time with the inZOI.

...You are currently in charge of the inZOI project
Could you give us a brief introduction to the project?

In terms of genre, it's a life simulation game.
Usually, you wouldn't even notice it, right?
The cat you see on the screen right now is the boss of the company.
The user is actually an employee,
and the setting is that they have come to work as a new employee at the company
The boss is lying down like that and monitoring me
The boss uses equipment like that computer to control the people in the town
It's a game where you control their thoughts, actions
We call the people living in the same town "ZOI"
We just came up with the name ZOI
We are employees with the role of determining how ZOIs will live their lives
It's that kind of game. A game about experiencing life
A game where you live a projected life through an avatar
Ah~ that's why it's called inZOI. It has a dual meaning, you see
It can be called enjoy for having fun, inZOI for having ZOIs inside,
Moreover, there have been a lot of responses mentioning how cute the cat is

Does the cat have a name?

Yes, the cat has a name! Its name is 'Psykhet'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 7:20 PM
Ok, it did felt lineair since the start somewhat. Didn’t felt like pointing that out.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#78 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 12:38 PM
I think some sims players are basing their judgement of graphics on being too used to The Sims series. Most simulation games have had realistic graphics for years now, and there is no reason not to have it on a people sim. Anyone worried by "uncanny valley" aspects just needs to not model people they know, so that will prevent it feeling creepy.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 12:58 PM
I have definitely been conditioned to expect low-fi graphics in the life sim genre for the better part of a decade now. Got to admit, I am in awe with the graphics and UI--this looks like a life sim game from 2030 imo.
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 7:49 PM
If they're aiming for 2 yrs in development that's a red flag, even if the technology sped up the graphics part of development. Can't imagine you can make a very interesting game in that time.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 11:50 PM
Why so?

Field Researcher
#82 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 1:21 AM
2 years is a short amount of time even for a triple AAA studio. But I think the two year goal is for Early Access no? Then it's not weird at all.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#83 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cottagecheesefairy
If they're aiming for 2 yrs in development that's a red flag, even if the technology sped up the graphics part of development. Can't imagine you can make a very interesting game in that time.

Well if you want an actual game with many goals and levels maybe not, but you can possibly make an open-play imaginative toy in that time.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#84 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 2:10 PM
Don't they already have a game? I thought people were playing it.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 3:31 PM
They do. It's still considered early development at this point because most of it felt pretty shallow.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think some sims players are basing their judgement of graphics on being too used to The Sims series. Most simulation games have had realistic graphics for years now, and there is no reason not to have it on a people sim. Anyone worried by "uncanny valley" aspects just needs to not model people they know, so that will prevent it feeling creepy.

Quote: Originally posted by intransitmatt
I have definitely been conditioned to expect low-fi graphics in the life sim genre for the better part of a decade now. Got to admit, I am in awe with the graphics and UI--this looks like a life sim game from 2030 imo.

I honestly agree with Inges Jones, and yeah with intransitmatt with how everyone got used to Sims looking video-game like (non-alpha). But to frank: while there are two groups which you cant please both (the alpha and non-alpha players), you got to admit that maybe its best we moved forward and stick to alpha.

Many videos games already using realistic looking characters, and it be awkward to not move away from 2009 (TS3 looking pixelated people), let alone 2014 TS4 sims (the fanmade ts5 trailers made me always cringe how players portrayed and wanted more cartoon looking Sims like its E-rated aesthetic that resemvke more of a toddler tv show). Art style imo should also move forward, not regress and stick to outdated looking virtual people. And yeah, I like it: like you said, inZoi look like its a sim game from 2030, which how I think its a good thing for my taste. I want to feel the technological advancement like its there. And these characters help give me that feel!

Theorist
#87 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 12:41 AM
They've already touched on the whole uncanny valley thing. I don't think it was intentional ( or maybe it was) and I already don't think highly of this game because of how shallow the game play is, but I don't want or need Markiplier in my game. It could be this game, sims, stick figures... whatever, it's still a hard pass.

Mark is part Korean, so it is a given that they are going to be similar, but the inZoi and Mark are a little too similar. Give the inZoi a beard, color his hair, make him smile, and it's Mark.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#88 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 2:47 AM
Maybe it's just me but that looks nothing like Mark.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 8:37 PM
Only his eyes and lips. Gameplay or not, it’s still graphically a good looking game compared to the sims,

Aside that, there aren’t much know games we know have that has fleshed out gameplay unt we know. All we know for certain that LBY its closest to probiding gameplay we all want to have (Paralives only shoen animation and interactions, but we don’t know of any anatomy).

Theorist
#90 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Mark is part Korean, so it is a given that they are going to be similar, but the inZoi and Mark are a little too similar. Give the inZoi a beard, color his hair, make him smile, and it's Mark.

I always thought the "All Asian people look the same" people were made up; Hyperbole; a metaphor we used to describe how racist people judge other cultures as a whole on a wide scale rather than looking at individuals. I didn't think this was a real thing people actually think.
Scholar
#91 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 1:28 AM
I can't see the comparison at all from those two pictures. I think a picture of Mark laughing is also not helping. It messes with the width of nostrils, shape of eyebrows, eyes and mouth. You need a more neutral expression imo. I guess the shape of their jaws look kind of similar. But the mouth looks very different. The inZoi mouth looks very generic character creation mouth, if that makes sense :p

But I think Mark would take it as a compliment though. The inZoi character looks handsome.
Theorist
#92 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 11:50 AM
I said what I said. It is my opinion, not a fact, nor was I asking anybody to agree with me. For those of you that are finger-wagging at me, you already know how I feel about that.

This game isn't out yet and this nonsense is starting. We don't get enough of this is sim land, so it has to be carried over to a game? What's next? The old, tired, worn out' "If you don't like it, don't buy it!" stuff. Spoiler alert: If that comes up, my answer is going to be the same as it was and has been for TS4 for going on 10 years which for those that don't know is "Okay I won't." Because we're headed into a new year, I'll change up my answer to "I'm good thanks. I don't need any..."

How do people get this point over a game they haven't played? Ya'll protecting something that you don't even know what you're protecting. I say this with love, but it's weird.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 1:39 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Dec 2023 at 1:52 PM.
Idk. I’m just already won over this game has visible shops, realistic clubs, ACTIVE CAREERS and among other stuff (which makes LIFE more enjoyable than all lots being boring Hangout/Lounge venues). Maybe not be as sandboxy with world building, but I can already see myself trying it. It’s not the Sims, so yes I don’t expect and critize “why babies dull or no swimming pools to ve seen”. They made change that over time. But like, you can’t say just looking from trailers and lie “Wow, I was less mesmorized and memorized than seeing TS4 leak”. Idk, it just as a different vibe to it (in a positive way).

I am realizing as a play TS3 that I’m more afond of open world mechanic and do enjoying like GTA to send my character walking/running/boating/flying over to a place and visit it than be isolated and suffer a loadibg screen just to visit another lot thats no diifferent than a house

I feel like if remains to-be the same after release with no updates to make it identical sandbox game like sims, I think not everyone will stick with it and move on back to sims if whatever is missing in it. It’s not like the company is releasing a forth game that I feel entitled I was loyal to it or whatever and hold grudges to complain and bitch here for long :haha: I do understand and see why its no better than TS4 (which yes, they both have significiant downsides), but for me persobally the positive stuffs outweight and would more than happy to get my hands on it Vivaland or what its called is what I dont trust and not stoked out of all competitirs (it did seem it had build mode, but I dont believe its legimitacy)

Theorist
#94 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 2:43 PM
I can understand people being excited for new things. That's not the problem.

My issue is people acting like they are emotionally invested in a ad. If it isn't acting, then there is a much bigger problem ( not mine!) than me saying that I don't want people from YT in game. Surprise! I'm not invested in them either. It's a job, they are there to make money. I digress.

There has been some game play shown for this game, but even then, people are still reacting to a ad. Those "ads" were paid for via Krafton sending people on YT laptops. People can play fiddle sticks surrounding that issue, but IMO it is a bad look.

If people want to keep a ad in their chest pocket to protect it, they're free to do so, but don't expect responses as has been shown in this thread to be taken seriously. People that are responding here are not children. I could care less about the torches and pitchforks being dragged out, but let's keep the conversation for what it is.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 2:48 PM
Dudes, it's christmas day. Chill out, the game is great eye candy and that's all we know. Have another sherry! Merry Christmas all.
Theorist
#96 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 10:32 AM
This is something not many are talking about.

The Scoop Behind INZOI Graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAcNkZH5g0

This video explains why it is that this game has a projected 2 year development time versus other life sim games that take years. Spoiler: The answer is AI...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 10:52 AM
Really cool, the interview they are talking about is the one at the top of the page in my post #76 in case anyone wants to watch it. Not sure how accurate the auro transcript is but it's interesting all the same!
Forum Resident
#98 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
They've already touched on the whole uncanny valley thing. I don't think it was intentional ( or maybe it was) and I already don't think highly of this game because of how shallow the game play is, but I don't want or need Markiplier in my game. It could be this game, sims, stick figures... whatever, it's still a hard pass.

Wow these graphisms ;

--
My opinion is letting this game being developped, we'll see the pro's and the con's later.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Theorist
#99 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 19th Feb 2024 at 8:05 PM.
I didn't realize how large the team working on inZOI is (or maybe will be). There's tons of job openings for inzoi--a 3d character artist and 3d environment artist are the newest but there are a lot of positions open:

3d environment modeler
lead 3d environment modeler
rigger
technical artist
sr engine programmer
sr. contents designer
jr. system designer
sr. system designer
engine programmer
ui & ux designer
character concept artist
fx artist
game server programmer
backend web programmer
3d character art
frontend web programmer
client programmer
QA
animator
cinematic designer

If anyone wants to check out the job descriptions to get a better scope of the project tick location Pangyo for the inZOI jobs. https://krafton.com/en/careers/jobs/

And from @maycherryblossoms (inZOI discord moderator w/ studio contact) we can expect something new from Krafton in April and early access at the end of the year.

"they are launching their official social media platforms and providing more updates to the community around then. re: playtesting though, they have announced there will be Early Access period starting in late 2024"
Inventor
#100 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 8:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58gbCihiq0I

I am beginning to feel like a YouTube propangadist, especially since the only sure thing we can learn from this video is that nobody, including its poster, does not know anything certain. Alarm bells ringing all over the place, though.
Page 4 of 6