Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:33 AM
Default how do you add a layer in C-A-W?
OK, so i've got C-A-W (Create-a-world) tool. And whenever i try to place a lot or place objects, it says that i need to place a layer. How do i do that?

Back to MTS community.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:42 AM
In the World Layers list, right-click on your main world file (should be the first thing in the list) and choose Add Layer. I think layers are groups of like objects for faster loading - Tree layer, Rocks layer, Decorations layer etc. so make sure you have the right layer selected when you add stuff - you can move stuff from one to another but you have to do it one at a time so it's kinda tedious.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:01 AM
Thank you

Back to MTS community.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 12:35 AM
Is there a tool or window that lets you see how many layers you have, what they are names, and what they've got on each? I recall being able to do that in PhotoShop and Ulead, but I don't see any way to do that in CAW.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 4:44 AM
The world layers list does that
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:00 AM
Yeah I tried clicking on that and it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I wonder what I'm missing or doing wrong.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Okalanit : 29th Nov 2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding Grammar
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Yeah I tried clicking on that and it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I wonder what I'm missing or doing wrong.

I believe he said to RIGHT-click the world you have in the far left panel. It will give you a set of options and one of them is add layer.

For those who don't know, I myself am creating a world for myself. Yes-siree, I sure am making one! I am sick of having to always add all of those lots constantly, so I am making one with very little townies and very many community lots to visit. This way you can always add your own lots because of plenty of space and still have many lots to visit.
Alchemist
#8 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:39 PM Last edited by varpunen : 30th Nov 2014 at 6:46 PM.
I'm sure she has figured it out in 5 years. Please check the post date next time.