Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:58 PM Last edited by ajshn : 18th Jan 2017 at 5:11 PM.
Default Sims 4 using to much of my cpu and memory
The sims 4 uses around 67% of the cpu, the total amount being uses by all programs is over 90%. I have closed everything i can except for origin and chrome (uses less than 10%) while playing. It didn't use to be like this, its been fine up until the last couple months and now my game sometimes force closes itself. Is there any thing i can do to fix this? Or is my processor just not good enough anymore. Its a AMD A8-5500, with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card and 16gb of ram. I'd upload my dxdiag file but its not letting me.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:06 PM
67% isn't unreasonable for a game: even if it is more than TS4 usually uses, that's odd, but it's unlikely to cause any actual problems.

Your game crashing is much more likely to be caused by it using too much memory, which you mentioned in the title but not in the body of your post - it's not using up a whole 16GB is it?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:38 PM
No, right now its using a bit over 3gb. With 74% of the memory being used by everything, does that seem high for having 16gb?
Its been alot better the past few days, no crashing or freezing.