Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:40 AM
Default Loading Edit in Game Problems - Help!!!!!
AAARGH! I am almost finished with a world. All of the sudden I am having problem loading edit in game after working on a lot. It loads forever. I had had this a few times in other custom worlds I have looked at in CAW, but never in this one in the past.

I added some houseboat lots.
Went in EIG and added some boats.
Worked on a diner.
It would not load back to edit town.

Started over.
Added houseboat lots. May have placed one boat. I cannot remember at this point.
Worked on the diner again.
Same thing.

Tried again. Added houseboat lots. Did not place any boats.
Worked on diner just a bit.
Was able to edit town and save.
SOOOOOOOOO continued and finished diner, and now it will not load again.

Any ideas of what is going on will be appreciated. I have never had this before in this world. Is it something with placing houseboat lots in CAW that is doing it? I really want to get this world done as have spent so much time on it. And I am sick of working on that diner over and over. (!) LOL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:22 AM
I just tried one more time Went to a backup before the houseboat lots. Went to EIG. Made a few changes to a park and then the diner. Got to edit town and back to diner. Made a few changes and game is stuck again in EIG again.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:33 AM
Yes this happened to me a few times, too. Only solution I found - none. Make an export of the world, edit those lots in game, and only place them in CAW EIG. This worked for me quite well.

I couldn't find the culprit which caused it but it must be connected to the specific lot or objects on it. For one lot I was able to solve it by removing one of the ITF shells. Afterwards I could work on the lot in EIG. On other lots - no clue. No matter what I removed they wouldn't save in EIG.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2017 at 10:14 AM
Maybe I will try that. I will bulldoze the lot completely and replace it in CAW. Build in my version of the world and see if I can place the build done there back in the CAW version. If no, I will have to try cloning the world and see if that helps? Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that next.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:07 PM Last edited by daisylee : 4th May 2017 at 5:18 PM.
I have no idea what is going on but I am not complaining ATM. I added some houseboat lots in CAW and was able to place 2 boats in EIG from my library. Was OK. Worked on the diner a bit and was OK. Worked some more and still OK. Worked on the lot next door and all was fine.
About the only thing I have not done to the diner is add a hidden room marker and some skip level markers. Maybe CAW does not like to add them in EIG?

OR they can only be used on residential/apartment lots? That may be the problem?
Scholar
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:30 AM
I don't think it's the markers. I've used them in many commercial lots without problems. Toward the end of a world/neighborhood build, I find it easier to do as Vincent T. suggested and create the lots in game and then place them in CAW EIG. It's much faster. I encountered this problem in Simburbia when trying to edit ITF lots (from the game) in CAW EIG. I ended up doing it as described above. I don't know of any other solutions except you might try making a duplicate of the world with a different name and/or WPID and see if you have problems with that world too. Good luck with your project!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:13 AM
I will go ahead a make a copy of the lot and put it in the library. Will try with the markers one more time and if strike out will try adding the markers in my game and then put it back in the CAW version. I really would like to be able to use that hidden room one if I can. I know the skip level works on community lots.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:33 AM
I am not a happy camper now. Spent hours building a church and redoing a house and placing boats. Put a level skip marker in the church and have lost everything. They are not working in my game in EIG. Will build again in my version of the game next time. Sigh. I think I like working in CAW, I think, I think, I think!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:54 PM
I had these same issues when I was working on my world and after making a thread on another forum I was pretty much told that CAW has a lot of issues and it gets overloaded once you start doing a lot with the world (This happened on my last few lots and I wound up just getting aggravated and placing them via the save instead of in EIG).

The best things I found to help was dumping all the cache files both in the sims 3 folder and in the CAW folder, and if I was using CC in my builds remove EVERYTHING in your mods folder and uninstall any sims 3 packs that are not relevant to your build. Especially all CAS content, it is unnecessary and just added issues for me when I was working with EIG. Once you're done working it's easy enough to reinstall all of it.

Best of luck!
Scholar
#10 Old 6th May 2017 at 2:06 AM
Very true. CAW seems to have a limit on the amount of Store / CC it can handle when working on a largish world/neighborhood. I always delete caches from both the game and CAW every time before I play or work with CAW. I also remove all mods and store content not needed for the world I'm working on. (I have no CC.) This has helped a lot. It sounds like you may have to build in game and place the lots in CAW. It's tedious, but when I'm having trouble with CAW, I place a lot, save, etc. or edit a lot, save, etc. That way, you'll loose only a little bit if CAW locks up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2017 at 10:08 AM
I pulled all CC that is not in the world out of my game about a week ago so just have about a dozen items in now. I think at this point all building will be done in my actual game. After I get this lot redone I will add a marker in my game and see if I move the lot over it will work. It is odd as the main island on this world was built by someone else who used the markers a lot. But I do not know if the person built lots in EIG or a save game out of CAW? I want to finally get this done. Will keep trying.

Thank you for all the input, everyone.

I clear caches in dashboard but should in CAW too.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:11 PM
Did you change what EPs and SPs you use for the world? I've had that problem when removing EPs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:25 PM
I always leave my SPs and EPs alone. I have never tried to change anything. I worked a bit on another lot last night that has been worked on before. One that does not need a marker. Finished it and held my breath, made it to edit town.............. and got the first save error I think I have ever had in CAW in EIG. (!) It said a lot was the error. As I had touched only one I knew which one. Thank goodness I made it to EIG so put a copy in the library and bulldozed. The world then saved. There is zero unusual about that lot. This is all so strange. Now to see if I can get it back in the world one way or another.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2017 at 7:20 PM
I am back. Went into the world again and dropped the exact lot back in the exact place and it saved this time. So who knows what is going on? There must be some gremlins in CAW nowadays! LOL
Scholar
#15 Old 7th May 2017 at 3:30 AM
I don't know that I've ever build a lot with a marker in game and then placed it in CAW. I'll have to try it as an experiment and see what happens. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Good luck finishing your project!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:05 AM
I will finish the chapel, again and then put a copy in the library. I will then add the marker and see if I can save with it. If not and it saves/works with the marker from building in my game only instead of in EIG that will pretty much tell me what is going on in my game. If you test, please let me know what your results are.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st May 2017 at 11:43 AM
Dang! I have done that one lot 4 times now and lost darn near all my work. The chapel. I worked on it from my actual game using this world this time and the edit in town will not load from there! I am soooooooooooooooooo frustrated. I may post some pics but I am seeing nothing unusual about this lot that I have not done hundreds of times before. Not a happy camper now.
dodgy builder
#18 Old 31st May 2017 at 3:58 PM
Oh it's a chapel? You have obviously not been a good christian daisylee
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Oh it's a chapel? You have obviously not been a good christian daisylee

That must be it! LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:21 PM
Finally have that blasted chapel done as much as it will be done. They get outhouses instead of nice basement bathrooms! LOL Got all I need to do done, well or want to do at this point, and was able to save. Went back and added a marker, in EIG, and it would not load. My game does not like adding markers, that is for sure. I may try one last time adding it in my game and see if I can replace the lot in EIG. Now that the rest is finally done.