Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 4:48 PM Last edited by wasset-aseskara : 1st Jun 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Default World-related error 12 while testing. And a dive lot issue.
Hi,
While testing my new world in progress, I got error 12 while saving. I have a fresh sims 3 folder, got no other saves and only played for 5 minutes long.
I tried deleting .bad saves, still can't save. But I tried saving in another town (Barnacle bay), everything was fine.

So I'm sure it's a world issue. It doesn't have too many lots, only a few. I suspect one diving lot, it looks weird in buy/build mode... (and this is another issue) By any chance, can it block me from saving?
The lot has TWO sea beds.

It looks like this from above (fake sea bed?):

And the real sea bed appears when you zoom in to the fake one:

EDIT: The game seems to be saving properly when I destroyed the weird dive lot. Any advice how can i fix this lot? I spent too much time on it
Please help!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 9:15 PM
Have you tried removing the seabed thing? Just as a part of troubleshooting the problem. I can't remember seeing such a seabed anywhere. Where did you find it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:21 AM
I only lowered the terrain and placed the objects, but the fake seabed appeared when I save and re-enter EIG. I tried modifying the terrain, flattening the lot, but it's still there. It also doesn't have build/buy squares.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:24 AM
You say you can't get to them, they have no footprint?

Do you have a save from before you put them down? I know there is mods around that lets you remove any things, but I'm not sure what they are called.

Since it's on a lot you can try asking in the wcif "where can I find" forum at the top of the main sims3 discussion forum.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 4:46 AM
OP, I think you may have run into the same problem I did awhile back with my worlds. What may be happening is that you made a world that is a little bit more robust than your computer can usually handle. So now you're unable to save the world because your system doesn't have enough memory to do so.

One way to get around this problem is to "tweak" your system a little bit, as seen here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/936...sims-3/61831237

When I used this solution, I no longer had problems with Error 12. However, I also had to remember to avoid long play times before saving my worlds and to turn off any background tasks while playing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 12:29 PM
I tried it, but the error 12 thing solved after deleting the dive lot. I only have one save of the lot and it ruins the world too. I think I'll just rebuild the lot then :/ Hopefully one day I'll find what causes problem on terrain...
Thank you for all replies by the way!