Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 12th Jun 2017 at 2:24 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Eye defaults and mod conflicts?
I don't know where to post this, but I need help figuring it out. I just downloaded these default eyes by Ephemera and when I try them out in-game they're not showing up. I suppose there's a mod conflict, but not sure what. I also have aWT's eyeball mesh (needed for the pupil and iris sliders) and SClub's 3d eyelashes (that needs an eyelash removal mod) that may be candidates for a possible mod conflict. Thanks, and sorry if there's already a thread that addresses this problem.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 6:54 PM
Did you delete the simcompositorcache.package before starting the game? Defaults don't show up in this game unless you delete the caches.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:15 PM
I agree with @velvetina. Delete the simcompositorcache package first. If they're still not showing up, run a scan with Delphy's Sims3Dashboard tool to check for any conficts and corrupted files.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:23 PM
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:51 PM
The eyelash removal mod is actually a face overlay edit - so it conflicts with default eyes that include the eye white, which covers most of the CC defaults I know of. Spoonsthings wrote a tutorial about how to combine overlay files for your own custom default.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:04 PM Last edited by aisquared : 18th Jun 2017 at 5:50 PM.
@velvetina, @flowr. Thanks for the responses, though I religiously remove the cache files before I start the game so I think that's not the problem.
@ameenah.n.y , Thanks. So that explains it. I'm going to attempt what the tutorial says, but upon checking the default eye package file in S3PE there are no eyelashes (even the sclera, teeth, and tongue). All I see is this (see screenshot).

EDIT: Found out there's another eye default installed in my mods folder. I made sure there's only one eye default now in my game . Still I'm gonna find out if the eye default I'm using is in conflict with the removal mod. (But really I hope it's just the two eye defaults that are causing the problem)
EDIT#2: So the culprit is just another eye default installed in my game. The new eye default now shows up properly even with the eyelash removal mod. Thank you all, and sorry for making such fuss. Silly me
Screenshots