Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:29 AM
Default Will there ever be a "business-friendly" Sims game?
What I mean by the topic title is that in every Sims game, the business career has never been better than "just above mediocre" in terms of salary. In real life, the wealthiest people in the world are all businessmen/businesswomen, and yet in The Sims games your CEO is usually upper-middle class. The business career itself has simply never been a route to being fabulously wealthy in The Sims. The closest you could ever come to that was in The Sims 3, if you used your business career salary to start investing in and buying up businesses until you own every business in town - it was always pretty cool having my family's founder work their ass off and build a business empire so the following generations could be a bunch of quasi-spoiled brats and pursue careers as painters and musicians.

So I'm disappointed to find that the business career is again weak as hell in The Sims 4. The worst part of that career is that the special form of income it provides (invest in stocks) has a critical bug in it so that if you invest five thousand bucks and "win a little", you actually lose money.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:05 AM
I wish, but I doubt it Especially after this iteration with all it's...interesting....base game careers.

In addition, It's always irritated me that the most profitable skill is painting.
Why get a ~job~ when you can just poop out a drawing and instantly sell it to some mysterious collector for boatloads of money no matter your skill level!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:30 AM
I think that if you want your Sim to be an greedy, unempathic bastard who takes millions out of society, you should absolutely have that option.
I mean, it's not classicism, it's life.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:51 AM
I've never been a fan of how jobs work in general.

Everyone gets a job. Always. Even when you have 0 skills fresh out of CAS, you're able to get steady work. Imagine actually having to moonlight and busk to get skills (or having to read) in order to actually get a steady job, or getting lucky enough to get it by chance. That, or applying and waiting for the results. Even though the job entry level job titles are usually something incredibly silly like "Thumbtack Pusher," sometimes job even those can be hard to come by.

"Do you have any thumbtack pushing Experiemce? No? Yeah, um... don't call us, we'll call you."

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I've never been a fan of how jobs work in general.

Everyone gets a job. Always. Even when you have 0 skills fresh out of CAS, you're able to get steady work. Imagine actually having to moonlight and busk to get skills (or having to read) in order to actually get a steady job, or getting lucky enough to get it by chance. That, or applying and waiting for the results. Even though the job entry level job titles are usually something incredibly silly like "Thumbtack Pusher," sometimes job even those can be hard to come by.

"Do you have any thumbtack pushing Experiemce? No? Yeah, um... don't call us, we'll call you."

what makes me sad is that when you make a sim they have no previous life. where are all the skills they developed as a child? The friends they made? A job is the least of my worries when it comes to fresh from CAS sims tbh. xD
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:21 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 16th Jun 2017 at 11:58 PM.
Sims have resumes now? What does the cover letter look like...?

To the head of Human Resources at Sim Medical,
I'm writing to you today with great interest in your medical position currently opening up! I just move into the town, and while I have no actual skills and absolutely no friends, I do have excellent personality traits! You can't beat a Sim who's charasmatic! My long term goals are to one day be the head of Sim Medical! What I lack on skill, I have in personality! You won't regret it!

Yours,
Pat Newbie

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Sims have resumes now? What does the cover letter look like...?
To the head of Human Resources at Sim Medical,
I'm to you today with great interest in your medical position currently opening up! I just move into the town, and while I have no actual skills and absolutely no friends, I do have excellent personality traits! You can't beat a Sim who's charasmatic! My long term goals are to one day be the head of Sim Medical! What I lack on skill, I have in personality! You won't regret it!
Yours,
Pat Newbie

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:41 PM
Awww.... I was kind of liking the idea of a company having like a little break where everyone plays the sims and chats.
Theorist
#9 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
And if there's only one business of a certain type (like only one bakery), it could monopolize the town by jacking up the prices.

EA should be able to nail that last part, don't you think?

I don't know if EA has much experience taking advantage of a market monopoly. They'd have to do some research for sure. Though in their case, out-of-context telemetry will be a fine substitute I'm sure.