Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:58 AM
Default Moving My Sims 4 to an external hardrive
Hiya,
I would like to move my mod folder or just my whole sims 4 files to my external hard drive as I have barely any internal storage left. I have attempted to do this by simply copying and pasting the electronic arts folder onto the external hard drive - but when I restarted the game it just acted like I had never played before (none of my saved games etc.) and it had automatically redownloaded itself into my documents (without my mods etc.) Is there any way to change the path that the game plays on (from my external hard drive)? By the way, I play on a Macbook so any advice catered to that would be great!

cheers! :D
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:26 AM
I'm not sure about changing the directory path, but are you sure there are not simpler things you can move to an external drive like pictures or music to free up space for the game?
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:01 PM
You can do this by creating a Junction or Symbolic Link, but your Mods to a slower external drive, very bad idea, considering it continuously writes temporary scratch files in that location during gameplay.