Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Petsitter
So my Sims are going to be married very soon and I want them to honeymoon at a resort for about a week but here's the downside they have 4 pets (1 cat, 2 dogs, and a bird) now since they are not going to a place like China, France, or Egypt the game time will still tick on and cause the pets needs to drop, I'm not concerned about social since they have each other however their hunger need will drop and their food bowls with empty quickly, now having explained all of that here is the question if I hire a babysitter or any other NPC on services will they be able to take care of my pets needs?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zkettell
So my Sims are going to be married very soon and I want them to honeymoon at a resort for about a week but here's the downside they have 4 pets (1 cat, 2 dogs, and a bird) now since they are not going to a place like China, France, or Egypt the game time will still tick on and cause the pets needs to drop, I'm not concerned about social since they have each other however their hunger need will drop and their food bowls with empty quickly, now having explained all of that here is the question if I hire a babysitter or any other NPC on services will they be able to take care of my pets needs?

So this resort honeymoon is within their own homeworld? The only way I can think of to arrange things is to add a new sim to your active household who will stay behind and take care of the house and the critters, though you will probably have to direct them to do some of that.

I usually send my sims out of town on special occasions like these. With the NRaas Traveler mod, they can travel to any other world you have installed while time and everything else stands still back home.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:57 AM
Your pets can also purchase the lifetime happiness reward of the automatically refilling petbowl. If none of your pets have enough points for this you can cheat and get it in buydebug.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:54 PM
I thought of the auto-fill pet bowl, but I don't think the bird is going benefit from that. Will a maid clean the birdcage and feed it at all?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:42 PM
This mod by CyberBob 78 here at MTS is awesome: Butler & Maid will Feed Pets & Clean All Pets.
#7 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 5:31 PM
Take the bird with you in the personal inventory. It won't need feeding and will not even notice anything then.
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:54 PM
I've never had a bird escape the inventory, only small pets.
#10 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:00 PM
Yes, birds will stay. The only risk is that when you travel abroad that foreign customs will eat them (i.e. they have a tendency to not make it through transition).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:39 PM
Thankyou guys for the help I have decided to install the mod and have the maid hired!