Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Are my mods causing lag?
Hi,

I'm not having any major problems with my game performance right now, it's more or less playable, but obviously I'm still getting some lag, and some freezing. Now I was wondering if any of the script mods I have could be causing lag.
Here's my list (literally just the list of filenames in my /Mods/Packages/Gameplay/ folder)

Arsil_NoCellPhones
Arsil_TakeAStroll
bluegenjutsu_NoCoughingWhileEating-NoClappingForFavoriteMeals
bluegenjutsu_NoMascotIntroSituation
Buckley_Social Group Influence Effects Begone!
Buzz_AutoRoofDisabler
Buzz_BuildBuyRestrictionChoker
Buzz_MoarInteractions
ByeByeZombie
cmarXmods_OutfitChanger1.63
cmomoney_TimeShifter
CyberBob78_Alarms_FullRange
DCW_Future_TVRecipe50
DCW_NoJetpackDeath
Dey1_NoSmustleDance
DoorbellQuickUpgrade146
icarusallsorts.BeachTowelBuyable
icarusallsorts.FutureFoodSynthesizerMenu
Lesbisim_Juice to Alcohol Mod
MSC_Mod
NerdSkillComputerGamesUnlocked
no eye candy sparkle
NoAlienAbductions
NoCameraFadeonSims
NoMusicalNotes
NoZzzs
NRaas_DebugEnabler
NRaas_Decensor
NRaas_Dresser
NRaas_ErrorTrap
NRaas_GoHere
NRaas_MasterController
NRaas_Overwatch
NRaas_Register
NRaas_Relativity
NRaas_Traffic
NRaas_Traveler
ShimrodsAnimElatedNoVoice
ShimrodsClubDanceAnimNoFalling119
ShimrodsEAAccessoriesRecategorizedLN138
ShimrodsFewAutographsCellPhoneFotos133
ShimrodsMellowPaparazzi126
ShimrodsNoDisgraceForWoohoo126
ShimrodsNoMartialArtsClothes163
ShimrodsStayPutPhone150
velocitygrass_AddAnyLotSize
velocitygrass_unlocked_simport_rewards
Zulf_ArrestMod

Thanks!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 4:26 PM
Usually just seeing a list like that does no good because the mods work together in different ways in different combinations that can vary by player. Many of these are tuning mods anyway, not script mods. And of course we have to assume you have the most updated version possible of each.

But there is one on your list that is screaming out to me, "Hey, I might potentially maybe be causing some lag here!" Have you tried playing without the More Sims in Clubs mod (MSC) to see if performance improves significantly?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Have you tried playing without the More Sims in Clubs mod (MSC) to see if performance improves significantly?

No, and I'm not really going to. If a mod causes lag, I'll only be inclined to get rid of it if it isn't particularly useful to me. And More Sims in Clubs happens to be one of my favourite script mods.
So it just kind of depends. If I don't need it, and it causes trouble, out it goes. Otherwise? I'll live with it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
No, and I'm not really going to. If a mod causes lag, I'll only be inclined to get rid of it if it isn't particularly useful to me. And More Sims in Clubs happens to be one of my favourite script mods.
So it just kind of depends. If I don't need it, and it causes trouble, out it goes. Otherwise? I'll live with it.

The point of removing it temporarily as a test, which is what I really meant, would be to see if it's really the cause of your current lag or not. If it happens to be so, then you could not worry any further about the other mods you do have, otherwise then it might be something else or not mod-related at all. I never meant that you should remove MSC permanently.

But hey, do whatever makes you happy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The point of removing it temporarily as a test, which is what I really meant, would be to see if it's really the cause of your current lag or not. If it happens to be so, then you could not worry any further about the other mods you do have, otherwise then it might be something else or not mod-related at all. I never meant that you should remove MSC permanently.

Whoops, my bad.

insert signature here