Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 6:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Black screen, then crash
I have a base game, generations, late night and seasons with patch 1.67 and quite some CC most being for CAS. My specs are 3GB RAM, Win 7, 32-bit system, AMD Rhadeon HD 6450 and more. I know that is pretty low for sims, i used to have Pets and Ambitions but i deleted it because of lagging and crashing. My game still lags alot and crashes but this is where the problem starts.
Sometimes my game can work for hours and crash at the end but thats when i want to close it anyway so its okay. But sometimes as soon as i leave the residential lot the game becomes black than crashes. That is after a download some CC, but i swear its not from that, i mostly download objects from TSR, CAS stuff from Lana CC finds. I download mostly from same creators and popular like Shino,Severinka,Ung99,Leah Lilith,Nightcrawler,Ifca and more, and as soon i see CC glitching or being trashy or simply if i'm not using it i delete it from my game. So moved my family of 3 sims from a penthouse because of crashing to an empty lot. I used to play for hours in a fully furnished penthouse surrounded by other tall buildings, but now after 10 minutes the game crashed and freezing on every 2 minutes before that, on an empty lot. I deleted after that 80% of the objects and all the chache files DCCache,Thumbnails and other files and it still crashes the same. I only use Master Controller, Overwatch, Story Progression, Woohooer and Pregnancy Options or whatever. I'm frustrated at the moment because i wait like 20 minutes to load the family and it crashes as soon as the game loads.
I'm not really into computers but how much ram and what graphic card should i need for like 7 eps and cc and not to lag and be playable on large lost? Is 8gb enough? I'm planning to buy a new computer anyway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:36 AM
I'm sorry you're frustrated Grandma (looks around nervously, is anyone recording this session in case she lives up to her screen name and I'm never heard from again?), but you have stated the problem and its solution really well there. You need a new computer.

RAM - With 3 GB total and Win 7 running, the game would only be getting just over 1 GB at most to use and if that. You can't have more than 4 GB total on a 32-bit system, it will ignore the rest, so your prospects for adding more are limited. TS3 with all or most EPs is more stable when the player has at least 6 GB to work with when on Win 7, 8.1, or 10. 8 GB or higher would be better and allow for other applications like a web browser to be used without worry while the game is running. But again, you can't get there on 32-bit.

Graphics Card - The one you have is better than an integrated chip, but it's totally unsuitable for TS3. Sorry, it just doesn't have the required throughput and isn't designed for tasks like this.

Processor - You haven't mentioned what you have for a CPU, but given the above it might not matter much. And also given the above, I expect that it's not aging very gracefully. Unlike people, computer components do not improve with age.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:52 AM
I wont lol. Thanks for the advice,i knew i had to buy a new one, all i have to do is to beg my parents for a new one and everything will be okay. I also need ti for other games and for collage. My friend told me the best graphic cards for games are Intel's. Is that true? :D
I wish i knew something about computers when i was buying it, but i was 11, fuck it...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:20 PM
The great thing about friends is that we can choose to ignore the bad advice they give us and still be friendly with them.

Intel doesn't make dedicated graphics cards, it makes integrated graphics chips. The integrated ones being released today on more than the most basic of computers are much better than they were years ago, but we still recommend dedicated graphics cards for gaming and other graphic intensive applications. Those would be made by Nvidia or AMD. Your current one is AMD, but it's just not strong enough to carry the game well.

On today's models of laptops, we would recommend looking for Nvidia 960M or higher within that series or 1050 or higher within the more recent one. It's the middle digit in these series of cards that designate strength, throughput (and price). So an Nvidia 940M(X) for example would not be good enough. For AMD cards, we would be talking about the higher end R9s and RXs. They redid their numbering system just to be confusing, the HD four digit type card model numbers are history even though some of them are (were) perfectly suitable. If you are playing games that are more modern and more graphically intensive than TS3, you will want to go for higher end models than any of these (e.g., 1070, 1080 on the Nvidias).

Intel also makes processors (CPUs) like the Celerons (very weak), Pentiums (better but still weak) and the stronger i5 and i7 series. Maybe this is what your friend was talking about, but these aren't graphics cards.

On desktops, one can get away with slightly less strong components to get the same power, costs are lower, and things tend to be more upgradable. But then it becomes a trade-off on strength of components needed and price vs. portability.