Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:59 PM
Default starting romances

found that picture at the wikia site.
has anyone done something similar about the other pre-made neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 10:28 PM
@mdsb759 This is the wrong place for this. Would you like it moved to chat?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 10:46 PM
ok, move.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:10 AM
I suppose the chart for a hood like Four Corners would be rather less interesting.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

found that picture at the wikia site.
has anyone done something similar about the other pre-made neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods?

No other Maxis hoods had this kind of romance tangles.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:33 PM
Well, I mean, Strangetown has some pretty noteworthy weirdness that resulted in Jenny Smith becoming the stepmother of her older half sisters...
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:36 PM
if chloe/lola have children johnny and jill are cousins/aunt and uncle to those kids so yeah curious family is curious to see how twisted their family tree can get.

the biggest love triangle in strangetown IS the curious family...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:39 PM
I suppose the main difference in Strangetown is that all of those "romances" happened previous to the game's starting point. Olive Specter has multiple exes buried in her garden, but at game start she is not involved with anyone.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
. . .at game start [Olive Specter] is not involved with anyone.
That's 'coz she's killed them all!

It's just as well that OP is only asking about Maxis 'hoods. I wouldn't know where to start to draw a diagram of all the romantic relationships in my custom island 'hood of New Desconia. Joel Ferguson, the leading lover in that neck of the woods, is up to 31 loves at once. . . . and counting! Some of the others are not far behind.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
Just a reminder that Olive was framed
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:32 PM
Framed by whom?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:33 PM
The Beakers, of course - they had to get their hands on Nervous somehow.
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:34 PM
you sure? i think she's a cold blooded killer;she was spoiled as a child and thats why she believes that she needs to get her own way eg:

service sims:
killed for not doing their job properly
teens:
thought they were better than olive at school so she killed them
husbands:
didn't give her what she wanted
family:
disagreed with her

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:36 PM
Okay, but how does Ophelia factor into any of this? If Olive was deemed unfit to parent Nervous, shouldn't she by extension have been unfit to raise her niece as well? And on the other side of things, how has Ophelia managed to survive living with such a vicious killer?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM
Beakers gossiping to cover up the deaths of all their former test subjects - then they changed Olive's life and perhaps her memories. That is my story and I will stick to it
Scholar
#16 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:41 PM
maybe ichabod was abusing nervous so they still took him away and since olive wasn't found guilty of those charges she was able to be the guardian of her niece olive most likely was in bits after losing nervous so she would want her young niece to survive so she can feel what its like to be a mother again...

not sure if that made sense...hope it did!

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:44 PM
And those Beakers stole all her Elixir of Life too
They are in my opinion quite nasty enough to have framed her.
Scholar
#18 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:52 PM
but how come loki and circe obtained nervous? they are only a few years older than nervous and what is nervous's real name anyway?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:07 AM
The Grim Reaper was stalking Olive. He wanted her for himself and killed anyone that she got close to - even maids and delivery sims. When Olive gave birth to Nervous, she put him up for adoption hoping that it would both keep Nervous safe and convince Grimmie to leave her alone.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:45 AM
I like that one too, RoxEllen
As Loki and Circe - I assume they changed their ages in SimPE
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:35 AM
@RoxEllen1965 i love that theory! Poor Olive.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I like that one too, RoxEllen
As Loki and Circe - I assume they changed their ages in SimPE

Loki and Circe have been salvaging the crashed alien spaceship. They have access to Elixir of Life and are much older than they look. (That or Circe managed to breed a cowplant from her biological research.) Be careful Dr. Beaker. You don't want to attract the Reaper's attention!
Scholar
#23 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:56 AM
did they give the elixir to erin? because i'm guessing loki and erin were close in age and if circe and vidcund were teens together and hes about the same age does it mean he had elixir too?

My Tumblr
Theorist
#24 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:20 PM
Personally i prefer the version where Olive is a evil-aligned witch Sim who kept killing people to continue her love affair with the Grim Reaper. Because why not? Somebody has to be the killer in this scenario. She might also be a cult leader.

After Nervous was taken away she stopped with that. With Ophelia she got rid of the girl's parents so that she could raise her to be her successor.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:56 AM
That's the beauty of these premade scenarios. They're just vague enough to lend themselves to a variety of interpretations.

My first version of Strangetown had a psycho serial killer Olive. She managed to become a vampire, but wasn't very menacing. She managed to get her vampire butt kicked by mere mortal Circe Beaker and I just couldn't take Olive seriously after that!