Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:43 PM
Default Heights of Premade Sims
One of the main limitations in the game is that everyone is the exact same height. So this thread is mostly for talking about your headcanons of how tall the premade Sims are.

Pleasantview
- I always imagined the Goth family as running on the tall side. Mortimer would be at least six feet tall, and Bella at least 5'8 or thereabouts. Their children also inherit their height.
- Don Lothario is around 6'3.
- Daniel Pleasant is around 6'0, but Mary-Sue is shorter (maybe 5'4). Angela and Lilith I haven't pinned down yet.
- The Oldies are both relatively short - Herb is around 5'5 or 5'6, and Coral is 5'2.
- Dustin Broke takes after his father and is taller than Brandi. Their exact heights I haven't pinned down yet.
- The Calientes, Dreamers, and Burbs I haven't quite figured out yet.

I'll post more on Strangetown and Veronaville later.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:54 PM
i imagine consort capp would tower over you
patrizio would be small and insignificant
literally cant think of any others

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:19 PM
Four Corners & Bitville, because they're so intertwined in my game I don't feel like picking them back apart:

Vincent Moore is probably about 5'10" or 5'11". Greg Chomsky strikes me as a bit shorter, probably about 5'9". Sherman Boggle would be tall, at least 6'1" if not taller. Samantha Hayden and Ashley Pollard are about 5'5" or 5'6". Naomi Hunt and Kendra Blaise are both on the tall side, at least 5'6" but probably more like 5'7" or 5'8". Waring Sinclair is on the short side, probably like 5'8" or so. Johnny Cullen is probably around 6'. Bailey Fortuna is about 5'10"-5'11", Fiona is at least 5'9" (in some heels she's taller than he is). Jane Harlow is on the shorter side, or at least shorter than Sharon Foss and Riley is about 5'6". Keats Margison is about 6'2". Adrien and Sara Rhome are both about 5'6". Ethan Stardust is about 5'7" and Mission is only 5'4". Agora Tchotchke is like 5'9".

That's not quite everyone, but I can't come up with height headcanons for anyone else.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
Do ya'll just imagin their height differences or do ya use the skin stretcher cheat to actually make them as such?

Also, what would be considered average height for non-stretched sims?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:11 AM
I imagine them. If I use stretchskeleton I can't resist myself and get carried away having 50-foot-tall Sims making out with their normal-sized lover and things like that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:19 AM
I just imagine the heights and I never really even did that until I saw this thread.

Are male and female sims the same height as each other? Because on average humans don't really tend to be.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:35 AM
I see Gunnar Roque as being about 6'2".
David Ottomas I think is a short guy, maybe about 5'8". Sharla is about the same, and Tommy may be an inch or so taller.
Cassandra Goth probably insists she's 5' 11.75", and Alexander is around the same height or slightly taller. They get their height from Bella - I don't see Mortimer as particularly tall.
General Grunt is about 6'3"; Tank tops out around 6'1" and Rip is the shortest of the brothers.
The Curious brothers are all short, with Jenny about the same height. Jill is petite.
Nathan and Mary Gavigan are pretty average: he's about 5'10" and she's about 5'5". This is roughly how I see most Sims.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:23 PM
mary-sue pleasant would be small i think

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:20 PM
Nervous is about 3" taller than anyone else, but it doesn't show because of the way he hunches his shoulders.

When I headcanon a height difference I "see" it when I'm playing. It can be quite a shock when I look at the pictures I took. There's no extreme cases in the premades for me, but in Drama Acres, I see Lance Point as a big guy, 6'5" at minimum, while Madeleine Estic-Moiselle is five-foot-nothing and she has to stand on her toes to kiss him; but when I look at a still picture sure enough they're the same height, or maybe she's even a teeny bit taller. Sim women often look a little taller than the men, but I think that's because they're more likely to have high hairdos.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:23 PM
i don't really bother with height,how could i implant it into my game?

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#12 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
from what I noticed, each character of any age/gender combination have same height.
Teen and older, females are slightly higher than males; toddler & child, both genders equal. same gender for Young Adult through Elder; heights seem to be equal.

real life equivalents
Young Adult through elder; probably roughly 6 feet.
Teen; probably roughly 5 feet.
Child; probably around 3 or 4 feet.
Toddler; probably around 1 or 2 feet.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i don't really bother with height,how could i implant it into my game?

Here's a tutorial on implementing sim height http://modthesims.info/t/132248