Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM
Default Do I have too many mods?
I had over 1,000 packages in my mods folder, but after downloading 4 more mods, my game stopped loading. I took them out and it didn't help; so I put them back in. Now, I've taken out maybe 50 of the décor objects that I wasn't using in game. I saw that there was a way to combine package files for Sims 3, is there one for sims 4 too? Or do I just need to take the CC out?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:32 AM
What is this "too many mods" concept? (LOL)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:56 AM
I barely play TS4, but my mods folder has 3,8 GB and everything works fine.
If you took out some files and it still didn't load then it actually sounds more like some mod is corrupted or not up to date.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:40 AM
It sounds like your mixing TS3 packages into the with your TS4 and yes they are not compatible with each other, and the game will refuse to load, if you try it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
It sounds like your mixing TS3 packages into the with your TS4 and yes they are not compatible with each other, and the game will refuse to load, if you try it.

Been there, done that, once. Was wondering WTH was going on until I checked my folder and said oops! Picky, picky game. LOL
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:38 AM
More than 20 000 packages here and not complaining!!! It is just a matter of updates and YES TS2 and TS3 packages should never be put into TS4 Mods. And do merge of course (bless Sims 4 Studio, they just released an unmerge option too so just merge away with no worry) but your packages should go to different folders, like Gameplay (these need updates the most), types of CC (CAS/Build/Buy at least) and date of download (the latest should be tested and immediately taken out if you cannot load your game, obviously)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Been there, done that, once. Was wondering WTH was going on until I checked my folder and said oops! Picky, picky game. LOL

Did that a couple of times with Sims 1 with Sims 2 CC. Good times?
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:25 AM
I don't think theres such thing as too many mods, I used to have 32 gigabytes of mods
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:56 AM
Get Sims4Studio and merge files. I usually merge the things that most likely won't be updated at a later date, like décor, hair, clothes. Like, I don't put my no mosaic, enable debug cheats, things like that. My Mods folder is 5.21 Gig, but there's only 220 files. Basically I merge as I go along and once I've accumulated around 50-100 files, then I merge. So, I have dozens of merged files. They load much quicker, like in TS3.

Sims4Studio is also good for certain fixes. A few months ago, I had quite a few surface and seating items that had broken. Sims4Studio fixed it. There's a few other fixes included that you can use at your discretion.

Hope this helps.

@GrumpySuzy. Wow. You can unmerge with Sims4Studio now! That is brilliant to hear and will be a big help. I'm convinced I have duplicates in a few different merged files. This will help solve that once and for all.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM
I don't play TS4 much, but @GrumpySuzy wow, thanks for the unmerging news.