Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:41 PM
Default Fix/hider for broken double of male face 2
In Bodyshop, under the male face templates, there is a double for face template #2 which is broken. I don't think I had this problem until I installed Bon Voyage or Free Time, but I'm not sure. I thought I had a fix that prevented this template showing up, or that I've at least read about it, but I can't find anything. Does anybody know about a way to hide this broken template?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:25 AM
http://csydes.wikia.com/wiki/Sims_2..._Face_Templates
This site mentions the 2nd face having a big difference between Adult female and Elder female, is that what you're meaning by broken? They link a fix to that which I think is just a default replacement HERE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 2:20 PM
Thank you, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the male faces. When this happens, a duplicate of face 2 seems to show up in the beginning, but it doesn't actually do much most of the time, isn't linked to anything female or teen and younger and it isn't properly linked to an elder face. In fact, I'm not sure what it does to the elder face, it now is permanently face 5 when I switch from adult male (using the broken template) to elder male. It's broken.
Attached a picture, which I should have done in the first place!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:34 PM
The only thing I've found that is remotely linked to the 2nd template you're talking about is argon's archfix HERE that got talked about in the first link I posted which might fix your problem... At the moment I don't know. I think I'll have to check this again in the morning, sorry. Maybe someone else will be able to help you in the meantime.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 12:57 AM
I already have Argon's fix in my game. I wonder what went wrong.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:00 AM
I have experienced this same thing. But I haven't considered it to be a problem. However I have noticed that when I used it as a slider, one of the Sim's faces that I used the slider on ended up with a broken face where the facial features weren't linked correctly to the life stages other than adult. And no, I didn't use one of the faces that is broken by default. But that was years ago.

P.S. Rather interesting how I stumbled across a link to one of the pages that I'd written on a wiki, linked from this very thread! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:49 PM
It's a bit of a problem for me because I frequently use a randomizer to pick a feature to blend with the face so my sims all look different, like Face 8 with Eyebrow 4, Eyes 14, Nose 14, Mouth 8 and Jaw 23. With this useless broken template I'll have to remember to count 1 further when editing a male. Sigh.