Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:37 PM
Default What happened to Granny Zaza (a CC creator)?
Granny Zaza has created many build mode CC for the Sims 4. Many of her downloads can be found on tumblr, sims4updates, thesimscatalog etc.
She used to have a tumblr by the name thesimsm0dels, but she deleted it and moved to her own domain. Her main site is in Russian, named Granny Zaza's Sims 4 Workshop (Мастерская Sims 4 Бабушки Зазы), and the address is www.thesimsmodels.com
But her site can't be accessed. I tried turning off my firewall in case it blocked her site, tried a different browser, it appears the site really is gone.
Does anyone experience this as well? does anyone know if maybe she moved to a different domain, where all her CC is available?
Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 12:12 AM
wow, same here. I tried to download her awesome desert trucks,,, yet link not found (
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:11 AM
It's quite possible she's left the community. It happens from time to time.

I know she (or some person with the same username) kept converting and uploading items without asking the original creator, and not giving them credit for the original mesh. Happened to me at least twice, and I saw various other conversions being treated the same way. I did call her off for it the second time it happened, but I have no idea if this would have anything to do with it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

I know she (or some person with the same username) kept converting and uploading items without asking the original creator, and not giving them credit for the original mesh. Happened to me at least twice, and I saw various other conversions being treated the same way. I did call her off for it the second time it happened, but I have no idea if this would have anything to do with it.

And that was this granny zaza? I know that a cc maker called Anarchy Cat is famous for that behaviour. Copies everything on her path for ts3 and now also for ts4. Saw already some conversions of madlen done by this anarchy cat and offcourse without crediting.

This name rings also a bell for the sims 3. I visited a site called sims3models. I don't think i have any cc from this zaza though. I have looked up on that site and it's gone indeed. With wayback you can go back to October last year. Last post is something written down, but i can't make anything of it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 6:50 PM
shame..I liked Granny Zaza's uploads especially her grimy desert shacks and burned out cars...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Wow. So it's understandable why even if she left the community she might have deleted all her downloads as well. I'm also sad to hear this same thing happened to you. I can't understand these kind of people... I've seen CC today is a serious deal (as in CC creators make money on their creations), so it's a big thing and not something you should get away with without some backwash at least.

Quote: Originally posted by candesco
And that was this granny zaza? I know that a cc maker called Anarchy Cat is famous for that behaviour. Copies everything on her path for ts3 and now also for ts4. Saw already some conversions of madlen done by this anarchy cat and offcourse without crediting.

This name rings also a bell for the sims 3. I visited a site called sims3models. I don't think i have any cc from this zaza though. I have looked up on that site and it's gone indeed. With wayback you can go back to October last year. Last post is something written down, but i can't make anything of it.

Thanks for sharing their name. I will remember it and glad that people who will search it on Google will see the truth about their work.
And yeah, Baba Zaza also had Sims 3 CC.

I forgot about Wayback Machine! Now that you mentioned it, I went to check through it.

Okay, I just spent time investigating the site. I wrote all my findings, which might serve for future refrence to people who come searching from Google at least.
I could access her site up to 24th February 2018.
It seems thesimsmodels was huge, and NOT only Babushka Zaza's personal site. I can compare it to the Plumb Bob Keep (medievalsims.com). It had a group of admins, and a registration which required approval. The site had a whole forum and a live chat. It even had a page for guides on how to start creating CC.
When I said it wasn't only Babushka Zaza's creations, I meant that other creators could ask to set up their own "Workshops" as well, So by Granny Zaza Workshop-> it was really a Workshop for many other creators to share their creations.
For example, a notable creator I saw was Milana, who was also a mod. Probably a good friend of Zaza.
So probably a lot of CC which today you find in the name of the "Granny Zaza's Workshop", is also CC by creators who were a part in the site.
The site last activity (as of 24th February 2018), was just about new CC. I didn't find any message regarding closing or any 'beef' with any outside creators.

Babushka Zaza also had a page on ВКонтакте (A social site like facebook), and it also was deleted.
The site closed, And Zaza herself deleted any kind of reference to anything about her on the internet. It's completely okay and normal for one creator (e.g. after someone goes against a creators rules), but is it possible that the whole thesimsmodels.com site was shit down, when it served as a platform for many other creators?

I can assume that the site closed down because of the fee of holding a domain, and Babushka herself removed all her CC from everywhere probably because of issues like candesco mentioned.
The thing that still doesn't exactly makes sense, is shutting the whole site down. I still doubt that shutting the site because of cost is likely, there were so many members and the site was probably the biggest community for Russian-Speaking simmers.
A sad thing is that the site even had a way to contact the team, but because I don't have a code for being a member, I can't send anything. (Also pretty sure that even if I had, the site is closed and might have not reached the team, unless the messages were sent directly to their E-mails or something.)

Conclusion
I guess the site and Granny Zaza really are gone for good.
Maybe if I'll keep exploring the site I'll find a way to contact other creators, maybe. but I also don't have the time right now.
If anyone has any input it will be great to hear!
For now the deal is just as it is. Might this be a reminder of how far the consequences go when you steal CC of their rightful creators. Don't do it, because as I see it a deed like this can shut a whole platform for a certain community to share their love for the game, and that sucks really bad.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:38 PM
Hello!
I love this creator, too. As I know, she left more than a year ago, and I am still looking for her CC remained in web.
Did you find out something more about her disappearance?
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:45 PM
Can someone within the moderators PLEASE help passing forward the need in auto lock threads after X amount of time it's not being active???
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:12 PM
Here is what I found and what she uploaded on her own:
http://sims4planet.net/%D0%BD%D0%BE...ranny_Zaza&pg=1

And this is the house that contains her CC and many other abandoned stuff:
https://sims3pack.ru/sims-4/doma-i-...-ot-tamsin.html

Hope this will be useful :]
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Can someone within the moderators PLEASE help passing forward the need in auto lock threads after X amount of time it's not being active???

If you have a suggestion about the site, it's best to post in the Site Questions and Issues forum.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 2:31 AM
Hey I actually found her simsfileshare if anybody is still interested
https://simfileshare.net/folder/43474/
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:16 PM
thank you so much!!! Sims 4 really does lack realism and this so much helps me to create realistic abandoned Desert lots etc!! Yay!! Thanks!!!