Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:38 PM
The sims 4 crashes when I try to save
It seems that every time I get to maybe my second generation of sims, the game no longer wants to save. I'll click save, then it'll do it for a second, and then it'll suddenly come up with "the sims 4 has stopped working". My game runs perfectly other than this, it loads fast and theres no lag, even though I have it on the highest settings. I do have a few mods such as MCCC, but I've already gone through all my mods and cc and the problem doesn't seem to be there. I'm getting sick of having to start new games all the time, only to have to abandon it after a while because the game refuses to save. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:54 PM
Bad MCCC settings can cause those problems also, you can try deleting your mc_settings.cfg file then retrying, and also your cache files like localthumbcache, cleanest way is to rename your old The Sims 4 folder, make a new one and only throw your Mods and Saves folders back in then retrying, but unless it's not saving on a complete vanilla setup, then most likely have a OS or worse a hardware problem, from disk write permissions, failing HD etc, in many cases you wouldn't even get as far as as even loading up the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Bad MCCC settings can cause those problems also, you can try deleting your mc_settings.cfg file then retrying, and also your cache files like localthumbcache, cleanest way is to rename your old The Sims 4 folder, make a new one and only throw your Mods and Saves folders back in then retrying, but unless it's not saving on a complete vanilla setup, then most likely have a OS or worse a hardware problem, from disk write permissions, failing HD etc, in many cases you wouldn't even get as far as as even loading up the game.

Thank you so much! Removing mc_settings.cfg seems to have done the trick.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:27 PM
I'm glad it worked for you, I once had Use Saved Outfits only checked in a combination with something else, and my game just when haywire!