Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:40 PM
Default Proposals being rejected each time
Ever since the latest update, all of the proposals in my game have been rejected. It doesn't matter if the friendship/relationship bar is 100%, it doesn't matter if both sims are extremely flirty, it doesn't matter the mood, every single proposal ends in a "nope". I've removed mods to see if this was the problem and it still happens regardless. I have seen a few other people say they are having the same problem. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:51 PM
I've had the problem myself. I think it became a little random if they accept?
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:59 PM
Might be a new feature, I got a rejection for the first time ever, 100 romance bars on both, and I presumed it was because one of those sims was not flirty enough, instead he was more so Inspired, and wasn't actually a date event.

Have you tried a date?.. because they should always work.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Might be a new feature, I got a rejection for the first time ever, 100 romance bars on both, and I presumed it was because one of those sims was not flirty enough, instead he was more so Inspired, and wasn't actually a date event.

Have you tried a date?.. because they should always work.

Doesn't work on a date either. The best way I found is sometimes have the other propose that works the best I have found.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:48 PM
Oh...that's actually interesting and I hope it's not a bug. I once saw a Legacy being ended by a rejected proposal because the heir died of embarrassment lol. Maybe it's like the original sims now and you first have to feed them and have a pretty house and everything? That would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 6:34 PM
At this point I'm hoping it's a bug because if not none of my sims will ever get married again 😂
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:10 PM
Even more powerful than a date is the Romance Festival if you got City Living now can't Imagine it being rejected there.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:13 AM
Actually, my sim was at the romance festival just now and he proposed while very flirty and she said yes! They were even married on the spot at the arch before the event closed! I've read about this 'rejected proposals' thing happening over on Reddit, too. So maybe it is a bug if it's happening to a lot of people? I've personally never had a rejected proposal.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Actually, my sim was at the romance festival just now and he proposed while very flirty and she said yes! They were even married on the spot at the arch before the event closed! I've read about this 'rejected proposals' thing happening over on Reddit, too. So maybe it is a bug if it's happening to a lot of people? I've personally never had a rejected proposal.

It's was always way too easy in my book so people might just notice it because they've made it harder... I hope!

I have another problem that's probably a bug since the last update and that is that the game doesn't keep down the status of sims being at school or at work whenever sim of the family travels or I load up a new lot (even reloading the game does it) during them being away,meaning that they skip school and work and go back home, which is really annoying because I can't even save during school and work time if I have to end the game or they will loose job and school performance. I have deactivated my mods and repaired the game, nothing has changed. That's definitely not a new feature
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 2:25 AM
I've noticed this too actually, but I'd never thought about the most recent patch until this thread. I'd never have proposal rejections in the past but more often than not, the first time is always rejected for me now. I usually give it a few Sim days before trying again and that usually works, but it's an odd thing to change if it is intentional.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM
I had that happen to me, too. I figured it was the weather added, as the sim was always tense, and doesn't rain, etc. make sims tense?
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 9:50 AM
From what I know, only Thunderstorms and Blizzards make a Sim tense. Rain itself is fine.
I feel it's done randomly because I have had my male Sim propose to his girlfriend, who refused. After dealing with that emotional aftermess, I tried a second time a day or so later, making sure everyone's happy, needs filled, Flirty, and she rejected again. But third time seems to be the charm, so maybe they tweaked it to not be a constant Yes 100%? And neither of them had non-committal.