Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 7:16 PM
Default Is 8gb RAM enough for TS4 will all add-ons or do I need 16gb?
Ok so I currently have a 3 year old laptop that I play TS4 on. I forgot the model name but it's a Dell with 8gb RAM, 2.5GHz i3 processor and Intel graphics (yes, I know, bad). It's really laggy sometimes even with the simulation lag fix. I'm looking at a replacement, the Medion Erazer X6603 with 8gb RAM, i5 processor (I think around 3GHz) and a Geforce 1050Ti GPU. Thing is, will this actually be an improvement for the lag in my game with all packs? (yes, even MFPS, and also GF when it comes out) Or do I need 16gb?? I also usually have around 5gb of cc in my game (give or take a couple)

Note: I've looked at 16gb laptops but with dedicated graphics and SSD it's out of my price range, tbf the Medion is pushing it. Desktop is not an option either, I simply don't have the space for it in my apartment.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:58 PM
simulation lag fix? i thought this mod hadn't been updated in ages. are you sure you dont have any old mods breaking your game? and yea 8gb is more than enough but the i3 + intel graphics combo isnt really a good deal. i also have never heard of this Medion Erazer notebook so idk if its good or nah. if you want a gaming notebook for a good price i recommend Dell.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM
8GB ram is more than enough and I think if your are upgrading from a i3 processor to a i5 processor that may help with some of the lag. Whether it improves or not can vary based on the amount of CC you use, the game setting that you play the sims 4 on. My laptop is an Intel i7, 2.9 GHZ and 16 GB of memory, tons of cc and I still have lag from time to time with the sims 4 just to put it in perspective.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:33 PM
Go with something that has a dedicated graphics card and at least 2gb of dedicated graphics memory. Some Laptops have onboard graphics which does not bode well when playing Sims or other games for that matter.