Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:51 AM Last edited by HarVee : 24th Dec 2018 at 11:19 AM.
Who the fuck is that? Never heard of her before now.

I miss when TS had real celebrities. Freddie Prinze Jr, Drew Carey, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, even TS2 console had a parody of Hayley Williams from Paramore.

Baby Ariel is a nobody.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 11:14 AM
Honestly, I've mixed feelings on this. Horrified, yet curious.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I thought the first thing anyone did once loading up Get Famous was to head over to Manage Households and delete Baby Ariel from existence?

Oh no! I have Triplis' Sorcerer mod, so I level up and dedicate in the black arts and then do a "Teleport as Reaper's Shroud..." to get her out of the house then a "Ritual of Wealth"

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 8:43 PM
a tik tok influencer?? ok wig
Instructor
#55 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 1:55 AM
If anything, this game's cringe simulation is on point.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 11:55 AM
okay but all the salt bout the shitty celebrity aside, the sim they made for her doesn't even look like her??? what is the point lmao??
Mad Poster
#57 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 4:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that was her own selfsim that they put in the game for her. Plenty of simmers are REALLY bad at making Sims look like themselves or other real people so it wouldn't be that farfetched.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Octopuss
okay but all the salt bout the shitty celebrity aside, the sim they made for her doesn't even look like her??? what is the point lmao??

She looks like one of the face presets in CAS, with like...MINIMAL changes, if any at all. I could easily mistake her for a game-generated townie.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 11:18 PM
Who is this Baby Aerial you guys keep talking about?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Who is this Baby Aerial you guys keep talking about?

her name is bobby areola........do some research
Forum Resident
#61 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 2:50 AM
Uhhh who?
Theorist
#62 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 10:14 AM
Well this is a new low... We went from families based on crappy 2000s/2010s sitcoms in the Sims 4 basegame to Sims based on....well I'm probably not allowed to use the word that comes to mind. And now they get their own stuff packs?
Also honestly, when I saw the title I thought it was some sort of US American brand that produced toddler clothes or something :-P

They overestimate internet fame, sure there's a small number of people who get famous through the internet, but the vast majority of internet celebs are famous within their niches and like the starlets of yesteryear; here today, gone tomorrow.
Too bad Channel Awesome went belly up or we could have had an Linkara Sim in the game, and at least clothing inspired by Diamanda Hagan would have been more stylish. (See anybody know what/who I'm talking about? Case in point. And those are two people who have some long standing success and fame with this internet business for over ten years now, unlike this "Baby" person)

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Sims were a little different back then. TS1 had multiple celebrity endorsements at once as well (Superstar). That changed in TS2, but they changed gears in TS3 - they needed lots of funding). Katy Perry was on everything within her contract. TS2 & TS3 both had branded packs. One only had branded content to download from the internet.

TS4 doesn’t have any kind of branding attached to it. They couldn’t even get a real celebrity. I’d take Katy back. She’s looking a little more normal nowadays.

Well to be fair the German version of Sims 2 had "celebrity endorsement" from some semi-femous, unspectacular Singer who appeared as a preset in CAS or something. I'm sure it was pretty stupid and that today nobody would even know who that is anymore, even in Germany, but the Simpack that included her Self-Sim came with one of the nciest Basegame hairs (not available otherwise)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 5:04 PM
Hope this helps a little. It still doesn't mean much to me since I had never heard of her before she came to the Sims. No, I don't live under a rock, but I have different interests and tastes in music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Ariel
Mad Poster
#64 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 5:34 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Jan 2019 at 2:23 AM.
I've never heard of Baby Ariel before this topic popped up. I had the same feeling with the TS3 Katie Perry pack, as in, who's that and why do they bother making a pack based on this person?

But then again, I have zero interest in most of the post-2010 music (particularly the cringe-worthy teen artists), except for a few actually decent songs here and there.

So... am I the only one who thought this when seeing the heading?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#65 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 5:13 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 8th Jan 2019 at 5:26 AM.
Though, this begs the unsolved question.....

Honestly, beside Ariel, couldn't they pick bettermuch-known internet stars? Like at least those funny ones from vine. There are really some good content creators out there (well, it's a bit insulting from my part). I remember stumbling upon a comment suggesting Thomas Sander, which imo would been great not just for the child audience they aiming, but pretty much for anyone that likes his character. He looks easy going, down-to-ground or type of optimistic guy. Or youtubers, like idk my personal favorite one Jackfilms. Pewdiepie maybe for example, even when I don't like it much, but i don't think you would need money to convince it to be the endorsement since he legitambly had played not just one Sims game. There are choices for much better casting in the viral celeb community.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:07 PM
Done for/during the production of Get Famous. Either her merchandiser (clothing) had been released in a form of free update to expand Sim's wardrobe or I suspect DLC was intended but cancelled for catering her interest, after realizing the market scheme is a failure from large responses of "whus shi?" comments.

Field Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I thought the first thing anyone did once loading up Get Famous was to head over to Manage Households and delete Baby Ariel from existence?

Not me, no sir. I give her a complete makeover, all new outfits with no bare midriffs, change her name to something like Ariel Frohafer, age her up to young adult, create a husband and toddler for her right in CAS, and then set her loose. My idea is to make her into something close to exactly the opposite of what was intended.

Or if I really feel like being edgy, I turn her into a man and call him something like Ari Brubaker. That'll show them!
Page 3 of 3