Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:05 AM
Default Sims 3 or Sims 2 models in Sims 4
It's not so much the entire models I have an issue with in The Sims 4... but it's the everyone-has-a-goofy-derpy-face aspect that I just really don't like. I struggle to create good or realistic faced sims in this iteration. TS4 would hands down be the best of them all if every time I looked at a sim's face didn't make me feel like I was playing Deponia or surfing meme posts.

I was hoping after researching Google for a while I would stumble upon this and at the very least, others who feel the same way I do, but I wasn't very successful in that endeavor.

The purpose of this thread is to inquire on either if there are any reputable mods out there that address the derp-tacular issue I'm having here, or otherwise a general nudge in the right direction for being able to start modding the faces to use basic shapes and expressions from the older iterations of The Sims (2/3).

Thanks all!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:43 AM
Really? No one else here notices how derpy the expressions and faces are compared to TS2 and TS3?
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:21 PM
Well ... I mean you COULD rip the heads from Sims3, rename any offending vertex groups, and data transfer the uv_0 and uv_1 layers so the textures and morphs work properly, and THEN stitch the faces on to a Sims4 head. Maybe set it to a skin detail or an override. Do that for male/female, children, and tots.

Whatever way you want to rip the face you'd still have to use the Sims 4 texture. Otherwise makeup and tattoos wouldn't work properly.

It's a lot of work.

I don't think it's possible to export the Sims3 facial expressions. Well ... it'd be beyond any advice I could offer.