Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:25 PM
Sims not holding the guitar correctly.
Apparently this is the first time anyone has ever had this problem, because I googled, and googled, and googled, and I couldn't find any information about it!

The electric guitar from Late Night is bugged out in my game. They won't hold it right.

This also happens with the guitar from 70s, 80s and 90s stuff, but not the one from the base game.
Does anyone know what mod can cause this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epierc32
Apparently this is the first time anyone has ever had this problem, because I googled, and googled, and googled, and I couldn't find any information about it!

The electric guitar from Late Night is bugged out in my game. They won't hold it right.

This also happens with the guitar from 70s, 80s and 90s stuff, but not the one from the base game.
Does anyone know what mod can cause this?

They can still play it and level up their guitar skill though. It's just the guitar itself that they're not holding correctly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:47 PM
By the way, before you ask, I use a lot of CC in my game.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 2:22 PM
he holds it wrong? I've heard this before...

anyway - animations seems to be the violin one, apparently something went messy when you installed some CC, I'd try start from removing violin related CC and clearing cashes.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 6:23 PM

Does the guitar randomly spin in their arms while they play it? In this picture the guitar was spinning horizontally like a helicopter.

(sorry this picture is a little dark- Mom was playing the guitar at 2AM)
If so, I have this pop up with my guitars from time to time (including with the base game guitar). I've found that not even buying a new guitar will help- the new guitar will spin too. The way I've fixed it is by first using NRass Master Controller to reset the guitar. If that doesn't work (it doesn't for me but it never hurts to check), I go on to resetting the sim. That seems to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Does the guitar randomly spin in their arms while they play it?

I think at one point, I saw the guitar spin in their arms while the game was paused, but it wasn't spinning while they were playing it. they were just holding it by the end.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM Last edited by Epierc32 : 5th Jul 2019 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla

anyway - animations seems to be the violin one, apparently something went messy when you installed some CC, I'd try start from removing violin related CC and clearing cashes.

I don't have any violin-related CC, but I do have a CC bass, and a CC piano.

Edit:
I also don't have the violin from The Sims 3 Store.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Does the guitar randomly spin in their arms while they play it? In this picture the guitar was spinning horizontally like a helicopter.

(sorry this picture is a little dark- Mom was playing the guitar at 2AM)
If so, I have this pop up with my guitars from time to time (including with the base game guitar). I've found that not even buying a new guitar will help- the new guitar will spin too. The way I've fixed it is by first using NRass Master Controller to reset the guitar. If that doesn't work (it doesn't for me but it never hurts to check), I go on to resetting the sim. That seems to work.

How do you reset it? I've been digging everywhere in the MC menu to find the "reset object" option but I can't find it. What option am I supposed to be looking for?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla

What violin-related CC have you seen or heard of?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 1:36 AM Last edited by Epierc32 : 5th Jul 2019 at 2:50 AM.
I might have figured it out. I suspect it might be the one with the package files "guitarCelebGift.package" and "guitarCelebGiftcheat.package". I don't know what the name of this mod is because I cannot find it anymore. I'll have to test it out again.

Edit #1: Nope. It was not that mod that was causing it; they still hold it like they would hold a violin. Which is weird because, as I've mentioned before, I don't even have the violin from the store.

Edit #2: False alarm. I forgot to take those guitar mods out before starting the game. Whoops.

Edit #3: Nope it wasn't that. Trying again with more Late Night mods taken out.

Edit #4: Nope. They still hold it like a violin. I'm giving up for today. Doesn't anyone know exactly what mod causes this? Cause it'e annoying to keep restarting the game over and over again, and removing mods after each time, just to see if the issue is still there after removing every single mod that can cause this! ):<
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 7:05 AM
How do you reset it? I've been digging everywhere in the MC menu to find the "reset object" option but I can't find it. What option am I supposed to be looking for?

MC's Object Reset command is on the lot menu, not on the objects (MC Cheats module required). So it goes, on the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Reset > (Sim, Family, or Non-Inventory if the item is lying on the ground). It's in between Object Info, which will focus the game camera on an object for you, and Object Stats, which will offer the choice to flush/force delete such objects. Note that if there are multiple objects of the same type in the same kind of inventory or non-inventory on the same lot, then the command will reset all of them.