Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 11:51 AM
Wedding parties - big or small - are always entertaining - well, I find them entertaining

I love to watch what all the sims present are doing - and, depending on costs, there may be a buffet and other wedding/party stuff or there may only be a wedding arch (sometimes, the bride-to-be has to make enough chef salad before the party to feed all the guests). Guests are good at entertaining themselves anyway, relatives get to see each other and old friends meet again.

After the wedding, the newly weds have to clean up so that all the stuff can be sold at the minimum loss. Honeymoons are only for the richer couples, of which there are not that many - but the just married do get to spend a night at one of the local hood hotels
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 6:01 PM
My Sims are not allowed to marry in the play session on which they get engaged. The record stands at 4 Sim hours because John Mole and Brenda Goth got engaged right before I had to go to a swimming class, and during the next play session, I loaded up John's house and he wanted to marry immediately. However, I also have Sims who get engaged when they become adults and wait until they are almost elders (and their eldest child's in university) to tie the knot. If I'm not careful, the courtship of High Princess Capp II and Nathan Gavigan will be like this - they've been engaged for 20 days already, and I have standard aging (though elixir is allowed).
Instructor
#53 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 11:11 PM
In terms of engagment in depends on the storyline and the times.

For example, Jessica Goodwin (formely Mrs. Jessica Picaso I changed her name back to her 'madien' name once her and Matthew got a divorce) has been single mother of four children for a little over a year. She had her eldest daughter and triplet boys, when the boys were still babies she moved into another neighbourhood and has been struggling on her own for a while now, she of course gets child support from Matthew and Matthew whom has since remarried and welcomed another daughter with his new wife, his wife whom earns more than him helps him out in terms of sending extra money to Jessica and the kids. Anyways, Jessica met and fell in love with Alfred Tyson, of course they got engaged, however, she wants to wait until the boys turn into children in the next few weeks (2 days) before getting married because she wants to see how Alfred copes with the every day running of her household with 4 children.

Plus she thinks her daughter (who is a child) and her sons need to get used to having a man around the house again, especially for the boys whom haven't had too much contact with their dad but do know him and are in fact friends with him but because he isn't involved in the day to day it is hard for everyone.

So for them, I won't be having them get married until probably 3 or 4 days down the line which is a couple of months in my gameplay so is not really unrealistic.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 12:41 AM
I wait on their rolls
So often it’s about 2-3 sim days. Seems okay with me to be honest.

I build small houses *^*
Theorist
#55 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can we see your fashion designer/wedding planner shop? That sounds adorable!

@Sunrader - As promised, I finally had some time to open up my game and take a few pics of my sim Ellie's little wedding shop.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#56 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
@Sunrader - As promised, I finally had some time to open up my game and take a few pics of my sim Ellie's little wedding shop.

That is wonderful! Love the details! Hey, which poster recolor is at an angle like that for the bridal gown sketches? I'm on a hunt for a good one.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:48 PM
Generally I want until both parties want to get engaged. That way, it avoids most nasty surprises and they end up married generally on the following Monday-because I'm a stickler for keeping the rotations clean and neat. Mondays are when anyone moves into a new house. So their engagements can last at least a week if not more-but generally about 4 days is average.
I don't believe in big weddings or planning them. So once the groom to be purchases and moves into their house, he'll summon his fiancee and the next day they both have off they'll go and get married at the local church.
However, the pixels can throw surprises at me, such as I'd moved a couple into their house and they didn't wait for any silly wedding-they conceived their children that day and they had a private ceremony at their house-just before the kids (4) were born. Which is why as soon as I can possibly do it, they get married before they have the time to have autonomous woohoo on their brand new couch.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#58 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That is wonderful! Love the details! Hey, which poster recolor is at an angle like that for the bridal gown sketches? I'm on a hunt for a good one.

Thank you, glad you like the shop!

And my recolors are shown on the Grilled Cheese add-on posters by Sushigal007 at http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...36563#msg636563.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 9:27 PM
They can only get engaged if they both have the want. And if they meet somesim and love them more after being engaged, I have no problems to break engagements off, just as Giovanni Monty and Zoe Zimmermann.
Most of them got engaged in college, but threw a big wedding party several days after gaduation, maybe there isn't enough money or they didn't roll the want to do it right away. The parties are all at their homes since I'm too lazy to build a venue and I don't want churches in my game, sometimes they tie the knot without an arch on another kind of party at their home, whatever fits the character. If none of them roll the want, then I let them live as happy unmarried couples and give the kids double names. But there were one exception so far, Carlos Ortega married Kirsten Loste without wants on both parties, just because her name is "Pfosten" in German (which means pillar or jamb). Just nope.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Page 3 of 3