Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I had 40000 CC items in 2. It took 20 minutes to load. 3 is much slower than 4 but so worth it to me.

I have 10.5GB (58,571) files in Sims 2 and it takes about 10 minutes on my SSD. SSD's are the way to go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:47 AM
I have 2231 packages at 17.1 gigabytes total, plus 320 Sims3Packs at 2.5 gigabytes. Interestingly my Downloads folder is completely empty. I didn't do that.....does the game do that while it's running? Either way it takes about 4 minutes to load from game launch to Live Mode on my end. Maybe 5. I'm quite surprised by these rookie numbers, maybe something went wrong.

At least my 42,755 screenshots make up for it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have 10.5GB (58,571) files in Sims 2 and it takes about 10 minutes on my SSD. SSD's are the way to go.

That was way back when on my Pentium 4 so my current rigs probably would be faster I would hope.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 4:56 AM
Most of it's in CCmagic now, and yeah, I'm getting close to 20 gigs. Right now, though, I'm running S3PE and renaming the "0x01oinfjiuhegh98y46hgjn" or whatever into what, they, actually, are. My fault for downloading CC mule houses. XD

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#30 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 9:41 AM
My CC is getting really fuckular because the game no longer recognises Sims3Packs and I have to extract the packages out of those files first. And then some of it, particularly the Store content, gets tagged wrong so I have Store content now that shows up twice, once as Store content and once as base game content.

On top of that there's also the CC I download to experiment with, then never actually use, that I forget the names of and thus can't easily delete. And sometimes I'll clone my own CC and then forget which file I actually use in-game........it's not easy being a Simmer.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#31 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 9:59 AM
I have absolutely everything as packages that can be packages. Have some patterns that must be packs but all else is packages so I can pull in and out of the game easily and delete what I do not want easily. Only packs in the game right now are ones that installed with Riverview. In the past I replaced those with packages but have not done that yet with this install.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 12:19 PM
Į could give TS4 another go, but god I'll need a mod or learn to live how Sims seem stupid to full their needs. Like they choose to nap even at evening when their sleepy, and bladder accidebts happen to often because they react very lately till its Red. Anyone experience this and tried to resolve this?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Į could give TS4 another go, but god I'll need a mod or learn to live how Sims seem stupid to full their needs. Like they choose to nap even at evening when their sleepy, and bladder accidebts happen to often because they react very lately till its Red. Anyone experience this and tried to resolve this?

Hm, I've noticed this too. The minimal interface makes me forget to look at the needs until it's too late. They're often just happy-happy-happy until they're suddenly in crisis. Haven't come up with something except trying to keep the needs panel open all the time.
Theorist
#34 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 1:40 PM
I'm still testing out 4. I was tempted to get Sims 4 Seasons because it looked so cool. I installed it then I was back playing Sims 2. Now I've been downloading and playing it a little. There is a lot of CC out there (always a plus--that's why it's good to wait a few years for mods to iron out cruddy game play). I still think with Sims 4 you need most of the expansions to get the full experience. Sims 3 is my favorite of the series because I think the actual Sims are engaging and lively. But again, I use mods. Any vanilla game--2, 3, or 4 is going to be a thumbs down. People don't give a lot of feedback in the Sims 4 forum. It's pretty dead.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Page 2 of 2