Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 8:31 PM
Default Possible Kraken Override Mod?
I lost my patience with CAW, now I'm wondering if it's somewhat easier to try to create a personal mod to override the requirements for a Kraken attack so that it can happen in any world. I tried to edit the Roaring Heights world to make the water deep enough and tweak it a little but I couldn't figure out why the files weren't showing up in CAW. I don't know why I think creating a mod is easier but before I attempt to create it, is it even possible?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:38 PM
Hi TSOgeology101,

there is a variable in the kraken manager:
[Tunable, TunableComment("Unit: Sim meters; If a boat is at a point where the water is this deep or shallower, then a kraken attack/swimby will not happen..")]
private static float kKrakenMinDepth = 30f;

you could tweak this via an xml mod or use the nraas retuner to test if changing this value has the desired effect.

Kind regards

Battery
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:01 PM Last edited by TSOgeology101 : 1st Mar 2019 at 11:11 PM.
Thanks, Battery!! I just came back to reply that, I think I would use nraas' traveler mod to use a modified IP as a travel destination. But I'll go back and look for the retuner to see what happens since I rarely let my sims travel. But if I can get retuner to work as you suggested, you are now my new best friend! :D

Update: Retuner worked! I can now have Kraken attacks in St. Claire! Thanks again!