Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2024 at 3:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Scripted events not triggering and empty storytelling
Sorry about the category, I wasn't sure where exactly to put this.

So anyway, the scripted events won't trigger in my Pleasantview and Strangetown. Veronaville is the only hood in which they work properly.

I have clean templates of all hoods. I use meetme's for Desiderata Valley, Riverblossom Hills and Belladonna Cove. For the base game hoods, I've used different ones:

Genetically correct clean templates with scripted events for Pleasantview and Strangetown and this one for Veronaville.

All are main hoods, not sub-hoods. I have backed up the Neighborhoods and Storytelling folders in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and deleted them, allowing the game to generate new ones as they load up the templates. I also deleted the folders, launched the game and quit immediately after without opening any of the hoods. That didn't work either.

I saw some mentions of changing the hood UID's but that sounds very tech-y to me and I have absolutely no clue on how to do that.

I humbly ask for your insight and help, I am at my wit's end.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2024 at 3:26 PM
The scripting will only work if the UID is correct:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....950#post5635950
Pleasantview should be 1, Strangetown 2 and Veronaville 3. There's an image in the penultimate post of that thread to show how to do it in SimPE; you need to make sure that none of your other hoods have the same UID also, otherwise the game will renumber them.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2024 at 3:28 PM
It explains how to fix the UIDs here. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=659054
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2024 at 4:35 PM
Unfortunately fixing the UIDs didn't work for some reason.

Edit: Is it safe if I edit the hood packages in the install location? I have the clean templates in the install location so I was wondering that if I fixed the UIDs there then I wouldn't have to fix them every time I start fresh with a hood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th May 2024 at 4:47 PM
Check the other hoods and subhoods in your neighbourhoods folder. You can't have another UID of 1 or it won't work. Also you might have to start the hood again if you've played it for a while with the scripting broken.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2024 at 5:02 PM
I have fixed the UIDs of the newly generated hoods, as well as their subhoods when opening them for the first time.

How unique do the numbers have to be for custom hoods and subhoods? As in, is there a limit how many numbers there should be (I just put a couple of zeros in front of their numbers, for example I put 01 for PV's hobbies subhood)?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th May 2024 at 5:41 PM
Don't put zeros in front of them, just give the main Pleasantview hood (N001_Neighborhood.package) a UID of 1, and give Strangetown main hood (N002_Neighborhood.package) a UID of 2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2024 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Don't put zeros in front of them, just give the main Pleasantview hood (N001_Neighborhood.package) a UID of 1, and give Strangetown main hood (N002_Neighborhood.package) a UID of 2.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. For the main hoods, I did give them the regular 1, 2 and 3. It's the subhoods that I put zeros in front of
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th May 2024 at 5:50 PM
Just put a decimal number, no zeros in front. 01 would be the same as 1.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th May 2024 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just put a decimal number, no zeros in front. 01 would be the same as 1.

Right, I had a hunch about it. I'll try to come up with different ones
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th May 2024 at 3:12 PM Last edited by indefinite : 13th May 2024 at 3:24 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Hi, I did everything I possibly could and the scripts are still not working, and the storytelling is still empty. I was never answered whether or not there is a limit to how many numbers there should be in the UIDs, for example is a string of three or four numbers too long?

I made sure that all my custom hoods AND their subhoods all have different UIDs and still nothing.

Edit: Uhh... I switched over to CroconawSims' template for PV and for some reason the scripts AND storytelling's as it should be. I have no idea why the genetically correct templates didn't work.