Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33876 Old Yesterday at 2:11 PM
It's just a typo - regular present. I'm not aware of any consequences of transferring business deeds using the "give gift" interaction, but I seem to remember a unique "transfer ownership" interaction? Am I confused and conflating the deed with the "transfer perks" mechanic?

There's bound to be a protocol for inheritance of businesses and vacation homes, but I haven't paid enough attention to it to know what it is. If it's related to the insurance benefit code it would be based on relationship level, which seems like the way the developers liked to work things, but my impression is that deeds can only be automatically redistributed to someone in the same household.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33877 Old Yesterday at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's just a typo - regular present. I'm not aware of any consequences of transferring business deeds using the "give gift" interaction, but I seem to remember a unique "transfer ownership" interaction? Am I confused and conflating the deed with the "transfer perks" mechanic?

There's bound to be a protocol for inheritance of businesses and vacation homes, but I haven't paid enough attention to it to know what it is. If it's related to the insurance benefit code it would be based on relationship level, which seems like the way the developers liked to work things, but my impression is that deeds can only be automatically redistributed to someone in the same household.

I have had instances where businesses are passed on to the next nearest relative living in the house. Usually it's a spouse, I do believe but it can be a child if there is no spouse. Relationship levels are important, just as they are when insurance payouts are made.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#33878 Old Yesterday at 3:47 PM

I just posted that lol.

In the Sim's inventory is a little deed, which you can pull out of his backpack and display on a wall or table. Interacting with the deed allows you to sell it back to the community or transfer ownership to someone else.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33879 Old Yesterday at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Changing the game's language is as easy as changing the registry value? There aren't any repercussions?

No repercussions, apart from the usual caveats that apply when registry editing.

I frequently change mine, my daughter's game is in US English and mine in UK English- and if I play our shared hood in the wrong language the sim names are different. I fix them as I go along but change the language anyway in case we generate any new sims in a session.
Mad Poster
#33880 Old Today at 12:07 AM

You can either transfer ownership by clicking on the deed, or use the Propose.../Transfer Lot Ownership social interaction. It doesn't really matter who has the deed, or where the deed is, that doesn't determine who owns the business (and if the deed gets deleted, the business owner can order another one). If you sell the deed to another playable sim via a business lot, that also transfers the business to the sim that bought it.
Theorist
#33881 Old Today at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I frequently change mine, my daughter's game is in US English and mine in UK English
I'm thinking of something bolder – changing it from US English to Finnish. Will be hilarious to see my first attempts at romantic hugs between spouses result in a physical confrontation instead
Mad Poster
#33882 Old Today at 11:48 AM
I'm thinking of something bolder – changing it from US English to Finnish. Will be hilarious to see my first attempts at romantic hugs between spouses result in a physical confrontation instead

If I recall right, early Finnish versions had a mistranslation where they used the wrong context when translating 'fire', so the pie menu actually ended up being something like 'shoot nanny'.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33883 Old Today at 11:52 AM

Well I can't speak for any cultural differences!
But really the only glitches you'd see are strings being translated- anything that has text in the game (pie menus on modded objects, sims, lots...) will be translated (or not, depending on how it's set up). So if you play Pleasantview, you will see Johanna Goottila and Toni Lorula instead of Bella Goth and Don Lothario. It was confusing thta even the sims we'd made ourselves or had generated during gameplay had different names in the different languages.
Mad Poster
#33884 Old Today at 12:17 PM
Well I can't speak for any cultural differences!
But really the only glitches you'd see are strings being translated- anything that has text in the game (pie menus on modded objects, sims, lots...) will be translated (or not, depending on how it's set up). So if you play Pleasantview, you will see Johanna Goottila and Toni Lorula instead of Bella Goth and Don Lothario. It was confusing thta even the sims we'd made ourselves or had generated during gameplay had different names in the different languages.

Oh god I still remember panicking and thinking I'd somehow corrupted my hood after I launched SimPE with the wrong English and got all random names on my custom Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33885 Old Today at 1:31 PM
I've been wondering-are some items in the buy catalog hard-coded to be not priced for sale, or can you change it by going into SimPE to make it buyable?
I've changed things to become buyable, but that was only because they weren't put in the right category or they were made before "Open for Business' was made.
I'm thinking of the coded items-like there is a new 'male' cowplant (and a growable version plot) that is coded to not be priced for sale. That's very irritating because I think everyone should have the option to buy them at a Garden Center.

Hmph!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33886 Old Today at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've been wondering-are some items in the buy catalog hard-coded to be not priced for sale, or can you change it by going into SimPE to make it buyable?

This might help:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=140183
Top Secret Researcher
#33887 Old Today at 3:09 PM
What could be the cause of huge amounts of money disappearing from time to time? I've asked about it in the past but never got a satisfactory answer... and I've been gaslit into thinking I'm imagining it or it must be because of furniture deprecating in value or something like that but NO! I finally have picture proof and it's on a house that's been there a really long time so the value isn't deprecating that much anymore. It's happening all over my game but it only seems to start to happen when they go above a certain million simoleans. All of a sudden, millions of simoleans will be gone the next time I play the household. Once had that happen to a family with §10M, they went down to §4M and I've never had a family that rich again. I have Monique's laptop with its banking feature, could that be it? If you send too much money, does it go over the 16 bit integer limit and go minus instead or something?
It's really annoying, I'll have to start noting down their family funds myself every time I play. Can't trust the game.
Mad Poster
#33888 Old Today at 5:10 PM
If it was Monique's banking feature then I'd expect it to be findable in the bank.
Mad Poster
#33889 Old Today at 5:18 PM
This might help:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=140183

I read that thread, and I'm still puzzled as to how it applies to the object I'm referring to, frankly-

because I have the object open in SimPE as I'm writing this,

and under

PJSE "Behavior Function Editor"

the line is

Catalog Function

"Filename CT - Not Restockable" (followed by tab lines and numbers)
"0x0 (0)[global 0x 500) Shopping- Not Resellable" with 'true FFFD' 'False FFFC'

Is the "True Target' Return True False Target: error the reason that you cannot sell such an item, and if so, can you change it to reflect that you can sell it and set a price?

Sorry if I sound incomprehensible but I opened up the object directly in SimPE. It's a custom object so I'm not doing anything because I'm just trying to figure out if it can be recoded to become sellable.

I'm not doing anything until I can be assured that any actions I do won't corrupt the file itself-so I closed it out for the moment.

I'm fairly comfy with SimPE except that the Simantics editors do throw me for a loop.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33890 Old Today at 6:53 PM
Ooh sorry @FranH I got the wrong thing! Here's an answer that might help:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....374#post1494374
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
1. CT - Is Sellable? Make sure that if it has this BHAV that it is set to temp 1
2. Go to the OBJD (raw tab) and go to the unknown section and change 3C from literal value 1 to 0.
Page 1356 of 1356