Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:47 AM
I think it's a feature that was added with M&G and only with the big staircases that came with M&G.

My sloppy sims leave books all over the floor instead of putting them back in the bookcase. I wouldn't mind if they only did it once, but when they next want a book it's like the already out book is invisible, so they get a new one out and leave that lying around as well.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:54 AM
Yeah, dorms always end up in a mess because of that, stupid dormies pulling out books to study with and leaving them all over the floor. Have to get one of my sims to go by and pick them up every so often.
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:54 AM
I think you can get more extreme personality points as you go through generations. My legacy family started with the standard 25 pts but some of the offspring in later generations seem to have way more than that. I have a girl who has outgoing and active maxed, nearly maxed nice and playful, and 3 or so neat. She is a ball of energy! (and has a TON of autonomous reactions -- finger-gunning and working out no matter how inappropriate [you dont need to work out when 3 days pregnant]are her favorites).

I had a super neat sim who cheered for anything that had to do with cleaning. When he died, his ghost would mop puddles, clean showers/toilets, and make beds (? I think, seems like something he would have done). Even in death you couldn't keep him from cleaning.

- family sims cheer like idiots when they get home from work. Even family secondary will do this.
- romance sims develop a strut when they go to flirt. The current grandpa in my family is a romance and elderhood has turned him into such a love machine. Every autonomous interaction he has is to flirt/kiss/serenade his wife. He does it constantly, but they only have 1 bolt so it really must be love.
- a super playful sim will spend all day playing in the shower if given the opportunity.
- no amount of neatness points will make cleaning the potty enjoyable
- if you use freetime, some of the hobbies have autonomous interactions. those who are very sporty/have it predestined will shoot air hoops, those in games will pull out a sims rubik cube, etc

my favorite interaction is probably the differences between a nice and mean sim when watching a fight. A nice sim will cower in fear and close their eyes while a mean sim will cheer, clap, and give a Cesar "thumbs down". I've really only had fights between burglar and cop, but I assume it would be the same for casual townie fights.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 12:46 PM
Sliding down the bannister is not just the M&G staircases, but it did come with M&G. I never saw it till I installed that and then suddenly all my playful kids and teens were doing it on staircases that had been around for ages.

Apparently shy YA sims can get embarrassed at the sight of their relatives canoodling. I never saw anyone but teens cringing at parents until yesterday, when a YA got embarrassed at the way his YA brother interacted with the brother's fiancee.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Right-thgiR : 27th Jul 2013 at 6:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Apparently shy YA sims can get embarrassed at the sight of their relatives canoodling. I never saw anyone but teens cringing at parents until yesterday, when a YA got embarrassed at the way his YA brother interacted with the brother's fiancee.

That's cool!

For anyone who wants to try a few of the interactions/animations, there is the "allmenus on" cheat.
Tutorial here.
(Quick, because Jaydee might shut down her website soon)
You have to activate boolprop though.
Instructor
#31 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I've had outgoing YA Sims get embarrassed at the romantic antics of their siblings as well. I've never seen them get embarrassed about their parents, though.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:29 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have classified Diff as all that shy, either...I wonder if the level of relationship is the key thing, because Nemo and Diff have the lowest relationship of any siblings I've sent to University at the same time, and I've never seen this animation before, despite the rampant PDA in which all my sims indulge.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:26 PM
I have a couple of Family Sims in college that I really have to watch because they will never go to class on their own. All the other college students I have ever had get the icon automaticly when it is time for class wether I have a queue of action for them or not. It doesn't seem to matter if they need to go to the toilet, stink, are hungry, tired, or low on fun--off to class they go. ( Unless I cancel the action.) That includes YA of all aspirations, including all my previous family sims. I have had Sims with a want to skip class but they have not done so without my canceling the icon. I have had some of them go in their PJ's if I don't catch them in time but not so far in their underwear.

Another oddity that has just cropped up recently is a Sim that will rearange the order of the queue. I have had queues of action set up that just disappeared plenty of times before. But this is the first time I have actually seen the actions in a Sim's queue change places. It only happens with this one Sim, but she does it repeatedly.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
I've had outgoing YA Sims get embarrassed at the romantic antics of their siblings as well. I've never seen them get embarrassed about their parents, though.

I think it may depend on the parents' interaction. Squeezing the buttocks always seems to trigger the embarrassment of the child, whereas caressing does not.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:48 PM
Old thread, but since it was linked to may I bump it? I'm curious about more of these.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#36 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Sketching : 24th Mar 2018 at 3:59 PM. Reason: grammar
Well, I was the one who linked you to this thread, so I'll help you out.
  • Serious sims sometimes complain when being directed to perform play interactions (tickle, etc.) and even play with the computer or watching TV.
  • Outgoing sims cheer when told to practice their speech and are more animated and vocal when doing so. In terms of romance, they have a preference for smooching, making out, and goosing their partners. They tend to approve when they see others engage in romantic interactions, usually by nodding.
  • Neat toddlers can autonomously put the FT activity table blocks away.
  • Neat pregnant sims are more likely to throw up without messing up the toilet.
  • Shy sims may dislike being told to perform romantic actions, but they have a preference for the peck kiss. In contrast to the outgoing, the shy can also grumble or wave their arm in disapproval when seeing others engage in romantic interactions.
  • Nice sims have a preference for giving backrubs, sweet talking, holding hands, hugging (especially friendly and romantic), and romantic kissing.
  • The playful like squeezing their partners. I'm not sure if serenading is their preference or the domain of the outgoing, and if they also like goosing. They might complain when you to tell them to play chess or use the telescope though.
  • The lazy love being told to watch TV, unlike the active.
  • The grouchy will grumble when you direct them to rent an apartment (maybe they don't like the idea of not being in control of their residence?). They also tend to cross their arms or put their hands on their hips in a somewhat threatening manner while talking to someone else, and have smug expressions and reactions to being admired.

By preference, I mean that there's a chance of them looking up at the camera and cheering about the instruction. I'll also quote myself when I first linked ihate to this thread:
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
There are overlaps depending on other aspects of their personalities though. Shy sims tend to have a preference for the peck kiss, and if they're nice, they'll happily sweet talk, give backrubs, and hold hands; I'm not certain but in my game at least, they're partial to romantic and tender kisses as well. I've also had playful, shy sims like squeezing their partners.

Most of my grouchy sims dislike romantic interactions (and even hate having to talk to the landlord to rent an apartment), but the outgoing, playful ones seem to like smooching, goosing, making out, and/or serenading.

Last but not least, I'll link to some pages that also outline personality-based animations:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Personality
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Sims_2/Personality
Forum Resident
#37 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:52 PM
I love when neat Sims autonomously groom their parents or siblings. I've only seen "primping" behavior in my game with one Sim ... she primps autonomously, and often, but the time and circumstances are so random (even with maxed hygiene). I like to think of it as the "Diva" trait; Ladara has maxed neat, outgoing and active points without any playful or nice points. I've mentioned this before, I have a set of twins who are playful, and the sister will autonomously appreciate her brother with a back rub. Outgoing Sims like to get in the hot tub naked .. I several of these in my game, it's so funny! Playful and grouchy children will tease their toddler siblings; and very active children like to run everywhere.

I enjoy watching the Sims in my game ... I'm only in the fourth generation but I love how some of their personality quirks get passed down or change over time.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:05 PM
I was looking through the Prima Guide, and found a chart of interactions, along with Autonomous Personality. Pasting it as either text or images would end disastrously so I extracted the pages as a PDF and zipped it up.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Social Interactions - Base Game.zip (447.2 KB, 41 downloads) - View custom content

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 2