Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 2:58 AM Last edited by AuntMorticha24 : 16th Jul 2019 at 9:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
buy mode collection folders i make will not save in world
I s there something i can do to solve this problem-when i go to Buy Mode-and try to make my own collection folders they will not save. I have tried everything but after i save and end the game and go back the folders i made are gone. can anyone help me i would really like to make my own collection of folders to make it easier to find things.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 1:00 PM
Its important that when you make a collection that the game closes properly after. So you musnt force it to close with for exhample ctrl ald delete, instead say save and quit and wait patiently till the game fully closes on its own. That works for me atleast.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 6:40 PM
this did not work
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:00 AM
Sounds familiar because I think I had this issue before but maybe I still do as I haven't created any collection folders lately. This may help, Create one collection folder and when you are done minimize TS3 by using the Windows key. However, this may be a different process if you use MAC. Then go to:

Start Menu > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Collections > Users

Change your view to Details if it isn't already. If the dates aren't in order, click on the Date modified to make all the files show the most recent first so that you can find what you just created. It helps to look at the time too in case you do this multiple times to create different collections. Copy the most recent file to the desktop and rename it to whatever you wanted that collection folder to be. For example: Wedding Arches.package (Always leave the .package alone.) Now you have a permanent collection folder, I think?, as long as you keep a backup of it. Since your collection folder keeps disappearing then put the renamed one in the destination above.

Of course, you would also have to restart the game after you add it for it to take effect. It would have been nice to add and remove things while the game was still running and it would process that but it is not designed like that.

Good Luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:13 PM
i have tried (Start Menu > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Collections > Users ) but i never have any new dates for months. i don't understand.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:48 AM
Not sure why the newly created collection folder doesn't show up immediately while still in-game but it did show up for me after saving and quitting. If the most recent .package collection folder doesn't show up for you after you create it, save and quit, then I don't know. I'm guessing the way the developers programmed collection folders is not the same method as how things are saved in the library which immediately goes to the harddrive. But I'm also currently using base game with patch 1.67 so I don't know if it will work the same or differently with the EP that also introduced collection folders.
Site Helper
#7 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 8:43 PM
I have no idea why your game would be happy to save in the normal spot, read CC from the normal spot, and put screenshots and saved sims in the normal spot without also putting collection files in the normal spot, but since this is the Sims we are talking about...

Have you done a search on your entire computer to see if it's putting the new collections in a place that it can't find them again?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook