Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:58 AM
Default Testingcheats - A hidden goody?
Well, I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but given that I haven't heard anyone talking about it, I thought I would mention that when you enable the testingcheats, another function not listed in the menus is the relationship slider.

with "testingcheatsenabled true", you can open the relationship tab and use your mouse to click on & increase or decrease the relationship with a sim in the view.

All you have to do is click on the postive side of the bar and drag right to go up, and negative & drag left to put the relationship in the negative.

Also, if I didn't post this in the right place, I am sorry, I tried to find a cheat thread that I could add too but didn't find anything when I searched specifically for S3

If there is another place this should go, feel free to direct me and I will move the post there.

Enjoy!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
I knew about the needs, but not the relationships.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll have to give it a go later on.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:03 AM
i also knew about the needs but not relations. I was wondering if there was anything else liek that though.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
can this cheat change the level of career taken by sims?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jarod95
can this cheat change the level of career taken by sims?

Just tried, and it doesn't look like you can modify the career level.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:42 AM
i think u can use shift and click the mailbox
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:33 AM
Yes, more options when you shift then click on the mailbox. Career, force npc, etc, etc
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
Oh i love this cheat, thank you so much for pointing it out
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
I could kiss you!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:55 AM
so S3 still got the SHIFT menu pop up when enabled "testingCheatsEnabled true" ?
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
Yeah, but with way fewer options. Like the tombstone of L&D is gone.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:46 AM
It does for the mailbox at least. Not as many options in S3 though, but career is one of the things it does.

Edit: A minute too slow there.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:07 AM
You can also shift click on your work to force opportunities.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikkiladie

shift click on your place of work?... or where, specifically?
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:12 AM
this is awesome! thankies for the point out!
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikkiladie

I knew everything mentioned in this thread, except this! Thank you!
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
shift click on your place of work?... or where, specifically?

Shift click on the building, while you're in it.

With the relationship slider: This was also in the Sims 2, but in that one, you had to put the bar all the way up AND then interact with them to get the relationship status to change (i.e., friend to best friend). The great thing about this in Sims 3 is it automagically updates the relationship status with no need to ever talk to the other sim ever again.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Inventor
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
In TS2 you had to change the relationship slider on both people. In TS3 you change one person it changes both.

Also in TS2 you could change the level of the skills but I haven't tried in TS3.

And in TS2 you could take control of a vistor on the lot which I did alot when grandparents came to meet the new grandchild, again haven't tried in TS3.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
Shift click on the building, while you're in it.

Thank you SO much! *muah*
Scholar
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
In TS2 you had to change the relationship slider on both people. In TS3 you change one person it changes both.

Also in TS2 you could change the level of the skills but I haven't tried in TS3.

And in TS2 you could take control of a vistor on the lot which I did alot when grandparents came to meet the new grandchild, again haven't tried in TS3.

Can't change skill level, can shift click visitors and choose add to household to control, but there doesn't seem to be a way to de-add them after this (short of killing them or putting moveobjects on and placing them in the family inventory)

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:37 PM
but there doesn't seem to be a way to de-add them after this (short of killing them or putting moveobjects on and placing them in the family inventory)
Or you could just move them out...
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLynn22
Or you could just move them out...

Seems like a lot of hassle. In Sims 2, you had the option of "Make Selectable" (add to household/control) and "Make Unselectable" (get the hell out of my house!) I prefer that over getting all involved in their moving out and finding a house for them. Just use them and forget them, that's how it's supposed to be!

Inventor
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:49 PM
In TS2 you had to exit the lot and come back in to get all the options or do it before you entered the lot. Does that change any options in TS3?

Well in TS3 you would have to do it beforehand or maybe change households.
Alchemist
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
In TS2 you had to exit the lot and come back in to get all the options or do it before you entered the lot. Does that change any options in TS3?

Well in TS3 you would have to do it beforehand or maybe change households.

sounds like an experiment for when I get home today
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:16 PM
Seems like a lot of hassle. In Sims 2, you had the option of "Make Selectable" (add to household/control) and "Make Unselectable" (get the hell out of my house!) I prefer that over getting all involved in their moving out and finding a house for them. Just use them and forget them, that's how it's supposed to be!
What's so hard about clicking on the computer and moving someone out of the house? If you're using the story progression feature, that's really all you need to do. They'll just continue to sim-on while you play your family or jump around from house to house.

And you still don't ever have to worry about them again.