Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default one lot crashing
Only one, residential, lot is involved. It has crashed about a dozen times, with less and less play time. The last time the lot would not even load. I clear the cache files after ever play period. I went through the steps removing downloads and Saved Sims. I did NOT do the step to rename The Sim2 file, as the game would then not contain this lot. I have seen this problem before, and moving the family to a new lot fixed it. I would rather not do this.
I'm on a Windows 7; it's actually NEW, with upgraded cooling and memory.
RAM is 8GB
Graphics card --how do I find? I do have an error log; it's huge, of course I can't "read" it. will include if needed.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:56 PM
since a log file was produced, problem might relate to custom content.
probably attach the log file.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 12:48 AM
"related to custom content"? But the problem also happened when I removed Downloads. However:

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:37 AM
If the lot had content and the content got removed, that can occasionally cause crashing. An example was when we were playtesting maxon's hood, one lot crashed. Turned out a custom bush had been used but it had not come with the uploaded lot.

I would be more inclined to think your lot is corrupted if its just one lot and it crashes without content. In which case I would bulldoze it (so long as there are no graves)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:22 PM
Rats. That's what I encountered before. Still...why!