Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:24 PM
Default What will happen if I click on an npc via nraas MC, then "make sim active"?
Will the game generate a single-sim active family and then I couldn't switch families, because it is not possible and the game will become corrupted?
Has anyone tried this?
And by this I mean stray pets too.

Or will nothing happen?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 8:49 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th May 2018 at 10:22 PM.
You cannot make a homeless sim active. They belong to a (virtual) household that is not possible to control. I am surprised that the MC command even shows up on them. Usually when a MC command is impossible to run such as Focus on a sim who is hibernating off the map or CAS/Stylist on a foreign mini-sim who does not have a full wardrobe in the current world as other examples, the commands just don't show up. Or, if you run them from City Hall or an in-game computer, the sims don't show up under the commands.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
why don't you try it? if it crashes, just don't save.

I would try it out of curiosity myself even though the command just isn't supposed to be there. But if you really do have the ability to save after the game crashes, I would be most impressed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:48 AM
I don't really remember, I just thought if it would show up on different sims, what would happen.

Do you know what are other things that I am not supposed to do, because it makes the game crash?

Sometimes I reset the zombies and burglars, and then they are gone to somewhere, but of course they can reappear next time, so I think nothing bad happened and I can access buy and build mode after I reset the burglar.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2018 at 3:15 PM
Not sure if these fall into the same category, but using testingcheatsenabled shift-clicks to delete or employing the MOO cheat on sims of any kind are known to lead to game corruption. So is retreating to the Main Menu to load up a game save or start a new one without quitting the game entirely and loading it up again from scratch -- the presence of the Traveler mod makes this one worse.

There aren't a whole lot of "Thou Shalt Not..." types of things associated with NRaas mod commands. Resetting sims should always be fine to do, in the case of homeless they just go off the map again or into their NPC-only area of a LN apartment building if that's where they go to hibernate. Homeless sims should never be impregnated or impregnate others, but what really happens in the latter case is that the sim is forced to move into a household if at all possible so their genetics can be used properly when the baby is born. Out of town visitors and the homeless shoudn't really be allowed to get married to residents without having been made a full-fledged resident first.

I've accidentally made my game crash a few times by doing something or other with the mods' Lot and Household Options on City Hall when I really meant to use the equivalent of Town or General Options, not realizing at the time that the commands I was running would be trying to do so on City Hall itself (and of course no one lives there). But I've never hammered down exactly which commands cause that to happen or else I would have requested from our developer that blocks be placed on them.