Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 10:50 PM
Default The Curious Matter of Twinbrook
Yes, something very curious indeed has happened to me, twice now, when trying to start a new game in Twinbrook. In fact, 'curious' is the right word, because on both occasions when I wanted to move a family into the property known as 'Suburban Temple' I found it already occupied by a family of ghosts, apparently named Curious. This is the house I usually move families into, I have a mod that increases my sims starting money, but this is the only unoccupied house a single sim with just 40,000 Simoleons can afford (not counting all those shacks down in the swamp). I've used it many times, and am pretty sure these guys weren't there before. I had thought about just evicting them but decided against it, in case I found myself playing a corrupted Twinbrook.

Has anybody else had this ghostly encounter, in Twinbrook or elsewhere?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:09 AM
Wow, now I need to open Twinbrook, and see if I have that ghost family too. There is a Curious family in the Twinbrook save I have, but they're human. 0.o
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Elynda : 15th May 2018 at 2:13 AM.
Nitromon:- Ah yes, I think you're right: I do get those houses mixed up. I knew of the living Curious family, of course, but if the ghosts were there before, I never noticed them.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
#5 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:08 AM
Hmmm, Suburban Temple was empty in the test run I did. It costs a little over 16k furnished, and around 13k unfurnished.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:57 AM
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:07 PM
There are no ghost families in Twinbrook. What you are seeing is a bug that moves all buried ghosts from a world into an empty house. I think it is caused by one of the Nraas mods. @igazor will shortly jump in and clarify the matter.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2018 at 3:21 PM
(whimpers pitifully) Do I really have to?

What is being described is a bug with the game itself. When one retreats to the Main Menu and loads up a different save or starts a new game from there without quitting all the way to the Desktop (or Origin if 1.69) and reloading from scratch, the game can fail to clear all of the contents of RAM in between game sessions. What can happen from there is that mismatched data elements of one world/game session get superimposed upon the next one.

Some players never see this happen. But the presence of the Traveler mod does make it more likely and much worse, hence we advise to never do this.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:12 AM
Ah,so I was right! I was sure I had never seen them before. I haven't played Twinbrook for a while, but I used to a lot, and got to know the place pretty well. And now I think about it, I did still have testingcheats on from a previous game. And I also have the Traveler Mod.