Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#451 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:00 AM
They do? I have still yet to try the visit sims mod. Do you mean the old version or the newer version or both @sushigal007 ?
if they both do I would rather keep my accessible inventory and open build and buy mode.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#452 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
My Sim toons pretty much stay at home so anything which requires them leaving (other than vacations) is pretty much worthless for me.

Haha, toons. I like that! =)

To me, Pets was always the biggest disappointment. Even Unleashed, from TS1 was the most disappointing. My real-life pet, my dog, is a wonderful addition to my household! I love her to pieces!! But in TS2, they're just such a BOTHER. They add very little. They can't do certain things that should be fairly obvious (scare away strangers, burglars? fetch the paper?). But they can go to work and support the house. And when they die, their ghosts are horrific! Severed eyeballs and gnarly teeth!? What the hell! I had nightmares!

I enjoy vacationing, but Twiikii Island is BY FAR the most fun, in my opinion... but even then, we needed MSD to add surfing! I want to like the others. But especially the Far East, there's SO little to do there! it's so small and so dull. And the woods... there's just so much stuff they overlooked or didn't do.

Perhaps i'm in the minority, but I like Univ. Thing is, it is the most unique EP of them all. It's the biggest change to the engine, in that it tweaks the way the rest of the game works, and the point of playing it almost entirely! And i think a lot of the hidden features get overlooked because you're limited on how long you're there. There's a lot of cool stuff. I'm working on developing a Fraternity for my boys to join, and i'm really excited to play it, once i get it down to how i want it. I think it's repetitive because its limited in time, and that makes it harder to find all the great aspects to it.

Interesting observations and opinions, HobbesED! =)

-gE
>=)
Instructor
#453 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:14 AM
Yeah, they did make dogs in the game very bad. Then there's the thing where cats like being thrown up in the air and caught. If you tried that IRL you'd end up in the ER.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#454 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:31 AM
Pet's was 1/2 finished really. So many things missing that should have been added. The pet shows from the stand-alone pets game was an obvious one but normal things like cats sitting on laps, cats running up trees, dogs barking, growling at and attacking burglars (depending on personality) Our dogs they would probably lick a rl burglar to death.
Cats being tossed is odd, I modded that so they don't puke.
Cats should be able to scratch a dogs nose or any person they don't like and not just while playing finger wiggle.
Houses that are at a certain point of dirty should spawn mice and cats should be able to catch and eat them.
Cats and dogs should be able to jump up and cuddle into a sim while sleeping. Dogs should be able to sit next to a sim on a couch and lay their heads on the sims leg. Dogs should also be able to paw owners for attention. (one of my dogs does both all the time) They should also whine at the door when they want out.
There should be a vet career/items and pets should be able to go and be looked at and treated.
There should also be grooming and clipping
holiday/vacation boarding.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#455 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They do? I have still yet to try the visit sims mod. Do you mean the old version or the newer version or both @sushigal007 ?
if they both do I would rather keep my accessible inventory and open build and buy mode.

There's a new version? Gotta admit, it was six years ago that I tried it and that problem could've been fixed since then, but yeah, I sent the genderswapped Tinker family to visit Mallory Landgraab, then when I went to play her household, build/buy mode was greyed out and I had to move her out and back in again to fix it. To be fair, the mod description did say it didn't work well with inventory mods, but I decided to risk it anyway. But if there's a newer version, I might have to give it another chance, it was fun while it lasted.
ETA: Seems like it might not work with Visitor Controller either. If that's true, I can't use it, I have too many townies I spawned to work in businesses and I need them banned from all my community lots so my playables can meet other playables.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#456 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:41 AM
I was going to try the older version as I heard the new version isn't compatible with the older community lot time. Things get complicated with all these version updates of mods. :insert dizzy smilie here:

If yours is 6 years old that would be the older version, yep.

Think I will stick to teleporting sims.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#457 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:48 AM
Well I just read the instructions on the version archived here by smorbie1, and it didn't say anything about mod conflicts other than Inteen, which I don't have, so I maaaay give it another go. In a test hood this time though.
Mad Poster
#458 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:57 AM
Good idea. Always a test hood first. Let us know. If there's a conflict, we'll need to note it on that thread. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#459 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:24 AM
I agree dogs should chase burglars out, or make them much less likely to come (they tend to find out if a house has a dog.) I just have the "no burglars allowed" sign that deletes them upon appearance. They show up WAY too often (as EAxis makes things often happen way too often, especially negative things.)
Theorist
#460 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:42 AM

@joandsarah77
IIRC it conflicts with Visitor controller. I couldn't make it work when I tried it. I think it was last year.
Field Researcher
#461 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:54 AM
Cats and dogs should be able to jump up and cuddle into a sim while sleeping. Dogs should be able to sit next to a sim on a couch and lay their heads on the sims leg. Dogs should also be able to paw owners for attention. (one of my dogs does both all the time) They should also whine at the door when they want out.

I like the mod that lets a cat or small dog sleep on the end of a child's bed, very cute!

Sim pets can open doors without any help - and they close them after themselves! Gosh, I wish my cats would do that. I'm trying to keep the heat in here, not let it all escape down the hallway - so it's either jump up every time a cat wants to go in or out, or leave it ajar and let them FLING it wide open as they pass.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#462 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@joandsarah77
IIRC it conflicts with Visitor controller. I couldn't make it work when I tried it. I think it was last year.

As much as I like the sound of VOS it clashes with too much stuff that I use.

Pebblerocker, I love that mod too.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#463 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 5:54 PM
I wish there was altogether more ability for Sims to cuddle.
They should be able to sit on the couch with a baby/toddler/kid/pet and cuddle and it should be an activity multiple Sims can do at once. I love the snuggle on the couch with one parent and kid, but why can't we fit the whole family together?
Scholar
#464 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I wish there was altogether more ability for Sims to cuddle.
I agree, also I think they should be able to cuddle while they watch tv or a fire in a fireplace. What's the point of having a nice fireplace if you can't cuddle up with someone on a cold night?
Mad Poster
#465 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:56 PM
I actually don't see the reason for visiting other sims, to be honest - why? Most of my sims are constantly ringing each others' doorbells (and some just walk in, of course ) - and they meet on community lots all the time. Besides, if you really need a sim somewhere, teleport him in?

And in Sims 3 - I only had the BG - no sim was ever at home when I send my sim to visit them anyway
Page 19 of 19