Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#15001 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@M.M.A.A.
Oh good! What I would also advise is to check your system temperatures too; the program I use for this is a free program called HWMonitor from CPUID. You can get it here if you'd like to try it:
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Choose the free download on the left of the screen; either the installer version or one which you can just unzip and use without installation. The reason I'm advising this is just to check that there's not a heat issue there, as that can cause reduced chip efficiency and affect the way the graphics processor works. That program will automatically pick up your hardware- for my sims computer it picks up the voltages across the mainboard, hard drive temps and fan speeds too, but how much information it can read depends upon your hardware. I run it whilst I play sims so that I can keep an eye on things.

Thank you! I just tried it. It's very detailed! I was checking the temperatures through the Gaming Center program, as I had the game running, and I noticed that the temperatures were high and the fan speed set to 'Auto'. I installed Voielle's water texture mod just to try it out. I then went into a community lot with a pond to try out the 1 tile swimming pool trick. Upon leaving, the game crashed and upon trying to enter into another lot with a pond, it crashed again. I had a feeling by then that, like you said, it probably had something to do with the temperatures. I checked the gaming center and the temperatures reached somewhere around 60-70 degrees C, so I set the fan speed to 50% and the game didn't crash as I went from one lot to another with ponds/lakes.

For some reason, on Auto, which is the default setting, the laptop doesn't pick up the fan speed even though the temperatures (might) rise. Not sure why... Explains why it ran so quietly; it's slightly louder now.

Well, everything seems more stable now. *Fingers crossed!* Thank you very much again!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15002 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 5:07 PM Last edited by simsample : 25th Aug 2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Typo!!
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Well, everything seems more stable now. *Fingers crossed!* Thank you very much again!

Glad you've managed to find a way to improve things. Most computers have some sort of 'safety shutdown' built in- either in the BIOS or through other software- that will throttle devices or even shut down the machine when temperatures rise above a limit. So it's always good to keep things as cool as possible- especially with a laptop.

Saying that though, ~60 celsius isn't too bad- most modern hardware will run at high temperatures for prolonged periods without damage, but the cooler the better, and more efficient too. With laptops it's more difficult to cool things down due to the restricted airflow, and the HWMonitor will only pick up temperatures that the mainboard is recording. So the cooler your main components are, the better.
Theorist
#15003 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:20 PM Last edited by HCAC : 26th Aug 2018 at 1:28 AM.
Default Still having issues?
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try the edited version. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post...-ice-cream-edit They added temperature changes.

Thanks, I will try it!!!

Edited...still having issues...unless I'm confusing this with the ice cream thingy from Sims 3?
My sim can grab the cone off the counter if I stick it on (I have a vanilla and chocolate option) But again, if she goes to the freezer to order, the action gets canceled.

Maybe I'm looking for actions that don't exist..?? I have the UC.

Here is my shoppe:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#15004 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:23 PM
Do every teen get and go through acne? That's a bit unrealistic.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15005 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

I've hardly ever seen it - do you have a hack that affects it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15006 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM

Why? I've never known a real life teen who didn't get it.

I believe the game gives them acne depending on the state of their hygiene bar over time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#15007 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I believe the game gives them acne depending on the state of their hygiene bar over time.

I assume the game is using the term "acne" in a general layman's way. Pretty much all teens get some sort of pimple or blackhead now and then, but acne is a specific skin condition that isn't so universal. Still, we use the word to refer to all of it.
Inventor
#15008 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:12 PM
I only had 2 teen sims get acne, and IIRC it was because their Hygiene bar got too low like what Peni said

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15009 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM
The game's acne is a bit weird-looking, too. It makes me think more of a boil.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15010 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:44 PM
It looks objectively exactly the way real teens think their zits look, subjectively.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15011 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM
What's the in-game key combination again to reset thumbnails?
Mad Poster
#15012 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:23 PM
Either shift or ctrl+right click, I think.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15013 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

===
No one in my family ever had it; real acne is not that widespread. What teens often get is pimples of some kind. And - stupid Maxis - greasy or dirty skin rarely causes pimples, and NEVER is the cause of acne (although it will make it worse)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#15014 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:54 PM
What do you consider the difference between acne and pimples?

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Acne commonly occurs in adolescence and affects an estimated 80—90% of teenagers in the Western world.
Top Secret Researcher
#15015 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:07 PM
Acne is the broader term. Whiteheads, blackheads, pimples are all types of acne.
I never had much of a problem as a teen whereas one of my daughters had it quite badly.
Mad Poster
#15016 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Either shift or ctrl+right click, I think.

Alright. Thanks! I'll test it out.
Lab Assistant
#15017 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:34 PM
Is it possible to change the order in which subhoods show up?
Mad Poster
#15018 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Acne is the broader term. Whiteheads, blackheads, pimples are all types of acne.
I never had much of a problem as a teen whereas one of my daughters had it quite badly.

I thought whiteheads and blackheads were types of pimples. Anyway, I was mostly confused by the "most teenagers don't get acne, they just get pimples" thing.
Mad Poster
#15019 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
What do you consider the difference between acne and pimples

Acne is the skin disease. Pimples are the symptom.
Mad Poster
#15020 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:16 AM
So you're saying that teenagers don't get real acne because they're not officially given that diagnosis? That seems kind of like splitting hairs, given that the definition of acne seems to be literally what most teenagers experience.
Top Secret Researcher
#15021 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:33 AM
I have a question. I used an existing Maxis community lot to edit and ended up making something completely different. However, when I went to package the lot, the old name and description of the lot appear in Clean Installer instead of what I renamed it as. Is there a way to change that?
Inventor
#15022 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:36 AM
Is there a way to make piercings show up in Bodyshop? Like, the whole catalog like in CAS?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15023 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:57 AM
Primavera, only thing I can think of is if it's categorized as a regular accessory. I think it's possible to recategorize Jewelry as accesories and opposite, but don't quote me on that because I've never tried...
Inventor
#15024 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Primavera, only thing I can think of is if it's categorized as a regular accessory. I think it's possible to recategorize Jewelry as accesories and opposite, but don't quote me on that because I've never tried...

Ah okay. If it's possible, I could make them show up under Full-Face makeup, so I'll have to read up on it eventually

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15025 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
So you're saying that teenagers don't get real acne because they're not officially given that diagnosis? That seems kind of like splitting hairs, given that the definition of acne seems to be literally what most teenagers experience.

The severity of acne appears to be variable. It can be anything from a minor annoyance like mine was when I was a teen, all the way up to a serious medical condition requiring professional treatment by a dermatologist. There are also other skin conditions that have a similar appearance to acne.

Acne vulgaris - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne
Pimple - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimple
Comedo (whiteheads/blackheads) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedo
Page 601 of 1339