Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 4:59 AM
Default Sound interference while playing sims 3
Hello guys!
I've reinstalled sims 3 after a while but every time I run the game I'll get these infernal buzzing sounds out of my speakers. I thought it might have been because I wasn't playing it in full screen mode but I've tried it today and it didn't work either... Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7800

Sorry for my English!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:32 AM
I'm assuming that the noise goes away when you turn off your speakers, is that right?

Can you run a HW monitor while you play the game for an hour or so and report back with your GPU temps?

Are you using a sound card?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
I'm assuming that the noise goes away when you turn off your speakers, is that right?

Yes

Can you run a HW monitor while you play the game for an hour or so and report back with your GPU temps?

Sure, what software do you recommend for this?

Are you using a sound card?

I do! my on-board sound card stopped working a while ago so I had to buy a separate one.

The sound is less obnoxious today but it's still there (lowering the speaker's volume seems to help). Maybe it's just my speakers that are awful? xD

Sorry for my English!
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linna2008
Sure, what software do you recommend for this?

I recommend this one: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

can you post a screenshot of the whole readings, I'm also interested in checking your PSU voltages.

Is your sound card close to your GPU? Sometimes there can be interference between the two and putting further apart them can help. Try to use motherboard slots that are furthest away from each other.