Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 7:38 PM
Can someone help me please.

When I first started creating eye colors Bodyshop exported correctly and would give me this texture:

However I had to format my computer and when everything was reinstalled it now exports like this and I can't create my eyes anymore.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can correct it?
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#127 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 5:54 AM
hmm, odd and interesting - do you have someone's default replacement eyes in your game?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#128 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:12 PM
I'm not sure what it was but I found the file that was causing the error. I really wish people would name their files instead of just having a series of numbers and letters.
Test Subject
#129 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:15 PM
Default Body Shop Query on Models
Hi
Hope I've got the right forum.

I've noticed in Body Shop that under Daywear there are a lot of Red shirt/white calypso pants outfits. I can't seem to find anything that tells me why there are so many (amongst many downloaded outfits).

Would this be because the mesh for that particular outfit is not available or something is wrong with the file? If it is a mesh problem, how do I find out what the exact file is that I'm missing or is corrupted?
Nothing shows when I hover the mouse over the picture.
I don't want to delete all my meshes as it will ruin the other outfits.

Can you help please?
Instructor
#130 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:06 AM
well, that really means that you don't have the mesh!
You can delete that outfit in CAS, for instance. That will not affect the other clothes.

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:31 AM
CAS? is that another name for bodyshop?
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:41 AM
CAS stands for "Create-A-Sim". The in-game family creator, where you create the Sim when you're actually playing the Sims 2
Test Subject
#133 Old 3rd May 2007 at 12:29 PM
ok, thankyou for your help. I have saved the outfit and it still tells me nothing or gives any idea of where it came from. I would have thought there would be a program that could tell what is wrong with an outfit/file and what it's name is and/or creator for Sims2, maybe one day.
Test Subject
#134 Old 4th May 2007 at 7:13 AM
Hi again,
I've been using SimPE and doing a folder scan and that has brought up more info on the problem files. So between Bodyshop, SimPE and hunting down the files on the net I've fixed quite a lot of the broken links/files. Still a few that I can't fix though so think I will just delete them altogether.
Can you tell me, in SimPE there is an area where it says where the dress will show up, ie Formal, Swimwear etc. I notice on the Mesh files that that whole area is greyed out and some of the problem files are meshes which have those areas marked as Formal, etc. I can't seem to remove these ticks/marks and therefore not have the mesh show in Bodyshop as a mesh. Got any idea how to grey this area out?
Thanks
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#135 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:19 PM
Meshes in and of themselves should not have ANY 'type' to them.

The categorization and gender, age, shoe sound, and other stuff is all stored in the *recolor* file for the clothing - which has the info in it also as to which mesh to use.
Where you have some repeating maxis outfit showing up instead of custom clothing - you have a recolor file without it's mesh file.

If you can figure out what mesh you're missing (like if you look at the texture of the recolor and actually recognize what site it came from) and add the mesh to your game, the outfit will now show up. The thumbnail graphic though - will NOT be updated, that gets generated once. To regenerate the thumbnails after you've fixed stuff, delete all the thumbnail files from your my docs/ea games/sims 2 folders

If you have a file that's named 'MESH' in the filename and it's a clothing mesh, then usually it would only contain the 4 mesh parts, gmdc, gmnd, shpe, and cres. Accessories might have more. If it says 'MESH' in the filename and has textures in the file (you can click on them and they should show up in the plugin view) then that's a non-standardly built mesh, and perhaps if you cannot get it to work, deleting is in order.

A recolor file will NOT have a GMDC in it (that's actually the 3d mesh data part) and will have textures, and properties and some other things.

I hope this helps you identify which kind of file you're looking at. For clothing to show up correctly it needs to have a Mesh file - and at least one recolor (or more). If you have a mesh w/o a recolor, nothing should show up in bodyshop, because it won't have the properties (age, gender, category) in it and won't trigger anything. If you have a recolor and no mesh - you'll get some default maxis outfit showing up instead, because w/o the mesh, there's no shape to put the texture on.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#136 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:31 PM
It's possible that the files you're looking at are some Maxis items - some things like the preorder bonus clothing will have a mesh together with recolours - they're done in a very non-standard way from other custom clothing and it may confuse SimPE's Scan Folders because of that.

You won't have any recolours show up in Body Shop -as- meshes though. What you may end up having is plain recolours of them showing up there - a lot of creators of custom clothing meshes include with their meshes a recolour template - a plainly-coloured recolour often in grey or turquoise that is meant to be used by other creators in recolouring. You may be misinterpreting recolours like that as seeing the mesh itself. I guess technically with ANY recolour you are seeing the mesh as that's the 3D shape, but, well, a mesh and only a mesh cannot show up in Body Shop. You need a recolour for it or you won't see anything at all. There's no "missing recolour" placeholder graphic the same way there is for "missing mesh" stuff, which gets Maxis default outfits.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#137 Old 5th May 2007 at 1:55 PM
Thankyou both for your replies, it is making more and more sense to me now. In fact I am more interested in the files and knowing what they are, making them work than I am in playing the game now! lol
I hadn't grasped what exactly was involved, but am getting the drift now.

My model in Body shop has suddenly turned white from the neck down, so it must have been something I did in the downloads folder (as that is the only folder I have played with), got any ideas on how to fix that? Doesn't matter what outfit I put on her it still shows her skin as white and almost disjointed.
I thought I was seeing 'meshes' in Bodyshop as they were white almost plastic looking dresses etc with no design at all on them, just an outline but coloured white. These I thought were the ones that had the Formal box marked on them in SimPE instead of being greyed out.
Thanks again for the explanations.
Test Subject
#138 Old 31st May 2007 at 8:58 AM
Hmmm ..

My question is ...:

After I load the "casielightsreplacementwhXB.package" , which made "the sims 2 body shop" light up ..., but I found out that light is too bad for me, so, can any body please help me get my body shop back to normal ... ..!

thanks so much
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#139 Old 31st May 2007 at 10:58 PM
dienvy: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220884
wherever you copied the file to (your config folder) go remove it!

(you should not be running bodyshop or your game when doing this)

Test Subject
#140 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:03 AM
Tiggerypum:

Thanks for reply .

Yes, I did remove that file from "config folder " last night, but somehow it not working normally. I even tried to delete the whole folder ..( which I save another copy in another place in case if the program not start ) But it weird .., when I start the body shop .., that "config folder " which I has been delete , automatically comeback in. So ... I don't know what to do now ...)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#141 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 1:55 AM
Well bodyshop would rebuild the folder, I assume. I don't know what else to suggest. This thread isn't really for troubleshooting that sort of problem though.

try deleting this file: groups.cache file, which is in your Downloads folder.

If that doesn't work, please post about your problem over here, describing what you've tried and so on:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Test Subject
#142 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:51 AM Last edited by a1thewayhome : 23rd Jun 2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Picture not working
Default How can i create shadows and highlights? I dont understand the tutorial?
Sorry if im not really on topic, but I cant understand the tutorial on shadows and highlights. You see i edited a dress from maxis and i tried to upload but it wont let me. It said about the shadows and highlights. Heres a picture with my design on photoshop, can anyone give any advice on what i could do to try and get it accepted? http://file034a.bebo.com/12/large/2...4765140247l.jpg
Test Subject
#143 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:15 PM
Hiyaa i was jus wunderin...i downloaded a hair the other day but it wont let me open it...why??
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 3:24 AM
function keys don't work in body shop
Ok, I did a search for this problem and nothing came up, so I apologize if this has already been asked.

Does anyone else have this problem since they installed Seasons?

I don't really know if that's what is causing the problem or not. I can't get any of the function keys to work when I am in Body Shop and I don't know what I should do to get it fixed.

Could someone please help me?

~DidaDragonfly~
Test Subject
#145 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:13 PM
Hi,

Body Shop won't let m e import most of my projects..
You see, I have created a Eyes set, and I had 2 other projects (lipglosses) in my projects folder too..
But whenever I try to import my eyes, I get the message that 'There isn't enough free disc space', but I have 171 GB unused.. And with these lipglosses I don't have this problem.. I tried Salix's reply to HousDesigner2, but that didn't work.. I am really pissed at Body Shop right now :P..

Someone help me please!! :S

And When It All Goes To Hell,

Will You Be Able To Tell Me

You're Sorry With A Straight Face?
Test Subject
#146 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
That's because you're using a pre-release version of Body Shop. You'll find the working one in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\CS Bin\TS2BodyShop.exe. Run that, and you'll have the right version.

no, its still not working for me either Faylen.........

I dunno whats wrong with the damn thing!!
Test Subject
#147 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
The thumbnail graphic though - will NOT be updated, that gets generated once. To regenerate the thumbnails after you've fixed stuff, delete all the thumbnail files from your my docs/ea games/sims 2 folders

In CAS, you can CTRL-rightclick on the thumbnail to refresh it.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:00 PM
What a useful thread! Even just reading the first page has been so helpful!!!

See my art here.
Test Subject
#149 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:10 PM
help with body shop...
I cant even begin to start custom clothes, i don't really know how to....any help?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#150 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 2:14 AM
mrzroyal2oo7 - go to the 'tutorials' area. Find the 'beginning' tutorial that matches your graphics program. There's a set for photoshop, one for paint.net, and one for Gimp (the last two programs are free downloads). You must use a graphics program that supports layers (ms paint will not work). Anyway. That's what 'beginning' is all about.

Page 6 of 8