Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I know, but anyways, I'll try my absolute best to fix this, I almost never run out of ideas of how to fix it, in fact I have an idea now, but like the other ones, not sure if this'll fix it...

That sounds good!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
Awesome!
I've figured out how to do it for TS4 too. ^-^

Can you make children pick up toddlers for the Sims 4?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:43 PM
Same thing happens in TS4. When kids walk around carrying a toddler it looks fine, the tot locations, too. When the animation stops, they stretch lol. Is converting the anim enough or will need to fix something else? : /

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:47 PM
Same thing happens in TS4. When kids walk around carrying a toddler it looks fine, the tot locations, too. When the animation stops, they stretch lol. Is converting the anim enough or will need to fix something else? : /

That's weird. Can you re-convert?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Can you make children pick up toddlers for the Sims 4?

I have SuperGal. Can you believe it.. Finally figured out how it's done!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM

Alrighty then I actually want to use it in Sims 4 so badly but then I remembered I don't have Sims 4 installed right now. It was on my older computer XD
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#32 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:03 PM

Have you fixed it now Sofie? Perhaps you'll need a carrying idle/posture/pose if you haven't fixed it, the same thing happened to me in Sims 3, they stretched, but when I added the idles/postures it fixed them

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:06 PM
Have you fixed it now Sofie? Perhaps you'll need a carrying idle/posture/pose if you haven't fixed it, the same thing happened to me in Sims 3, they stretched, but when I added the idles/postures it fixed them

I think that's the issue. That will hopefully prevent the stretching!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:15 PM

Do you mean to edit something in the Posture and Idle_Carry animation files or just convert the idle anim? : )
Trainee Moderator
#35 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:18 PM
Do you mean to edit something in the Posture and Idle_Carry animation files or just convert the idle anim? : )

Yes, you'll need to get the idles, and a carry pose (if there is one, not sure about Sims 4) and convert them to children, then just put the clips and files together

Edit: Or actually, maybe first test this out, just convert the idles and pose and test it out.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
Hm...I wonder if it's possible to create a carry interactions for adult-to-adult entirely from scratch or by editing from the toddler animations/idles/poses.
Trainee Moderator
#37 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:48 PM
Hm...I wonder if it's possible to create a carry interactions for adult-to-adult entirely from scratch or by editing from the toddler animations/idles/poses.

Wow, lol wouldn't an adult holding an adult be a bit funny looking? Or perhaps just as like holding the back and back of knees?
You'd might be able to do that, but I'm not sure.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:30 AM
Wow, lol wouldn't an adult holding an adult be a bit funny looking? Or perhaps just as like holding the back and back of knees?
You'd might be able to do that, but I'm not sure.

It would look slightly funny indeed Are you referring to princess style? I was thinking that first you'd have to change animation more suitable for adults then the conversion (or create new ones and maybe a carry idle/pose Would the adult walk around with the Sim he's holding?). I would try it out to see if it's achievable but I can't find the animation where the toddler is picked up and put down. I think it's hidden somewhere.
Trainee Moderator
#39 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:02 PM
Yes, the adults will walk around, sit down and go upstairs/downstairs, it's exactly like if they were holding a toddler, except they're holding an adult. I've commented on your thread about it.

Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:38 PM
@TheSweetToddler I have sent you the mod. Let us know about the results
Trainee Moderator
#41 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:40 PM
Alrighty, thanks! I'll get back to you when I've tested it out

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:31 PM
Yes, the adults will walk around, sit down and go upstairs/downstairs, it's exactly like if they were holding a toddler, except they're holding an adult. I've commented on your thread about it.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:25 PM

Did you fix the stretching?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:18 PM
Did you fix the stretching?

Don't know if it needs to be fixed, I haven't even converted the animations. I'm converting kids being carried by adults first.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:38 AM
Don't know if it needs to be fixed, I haven't even converted the animations. I'm converting kids being carried by adults first.

Oh lol okay.
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:09 AM
So I'm uploading the script I have made. Sweet Toddler was having a problem with the script mod. Can any of you test it out in your games? In my game it plays fine. I'm not uploading the animation that Sweet Toddler gave me so Sims will use stretch animation. And the put down interaction is not working at the moment so use the resetsim cheat to put them down. Also if you're trying to use the interaction on child Sims, the interaction will not say pick up (child name) instead the interaction will be blank. Don't test it on a save file you care about since this mod is experimental right now. If you do then don't save the game. The mod is pretty mild so it won't really damage your game but still you can never be too careful. Thank you
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EveryoneCanCarry.7z (15.8 KB, 35 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#47 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Sofmc9 : 9th Aug 2018 at 3:27 PM.
It was playing fine when I had a kid carrying a tot. Game is freezing after adult sim 'picked up' a child.

adult rocking with child lool

"And the put down interaction is not working at the moment"

Also, that worked :/ I did make a tuning mod before to have kids put down a toddler and hadn't removed it from mods folder.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:08 PM
I converted these animations to children some time ago, snuggle in arms, attack with the claw..

This is how they'd probably look being carried

Trainee Moderator
#49 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:22 PM
Do the adults actually hold them though? It looks like the adult is just standing without holding, like the arm is down?

Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:27 PM
No, 'cause I'm only testing with the animation player. Couldn't make the pick up child appear on the pie menu, like you and Skydome have figured out.
Page 2 of 6