Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 11:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default My house takes so slow to load
Hi guys, one of my houses (my fave house ever) is a really really big manson, so It's quite obviouse why it's slow, but is there any thing I can do to speed it up?

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:14 AM
You could try upgrading your graphic card and RAM depending on what your current specs are now.
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:27 AM
yes a new graphic card may do it good. the reason it probaly slow is because you have a lot of objects in it plus its a mansion.are your system specs good or bad.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:01 PM
my system specs is quite good, and my graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce FX 5900XT
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:04 PM
Do not use a lot of custom content in one house. If you have a lot og custom content in one house the game will slow down a lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:11 PM
Okay angel, thanks for the tip!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 9:55 PM
If you use custom content, try to use items that have a low polygon count. On MTS2 it is a requirement that poly counts be displayed, so most creators try to keep the meshes simple- in some cases, making excellent items that are lower in count than their Maxis counterparts. You can find out the poly count of an object by using SimPE- Maxis state around 800 per tile, so a two tile loveseat should clock in at 1600 or below. Also, some clothing and hair meshes can be high poly- use with caution if you wish your game to speed up. Also, the number of items you have in your downloads and saved sims folder will impact your game loading speed, so delete any meshes and re-colours that you do not use.