Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:24 AM
Default Can you change a sim's name?
Is there any way to change the names of sims? One of my sims had twins, and it said that they were both girls so I gave them feminine names. When they became children, I found out that one of them is a boy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:29 AM
umm, you could always download SimPE or inSimenator do boolProp, otherwise I havent found anything else.
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:32 AM
yes i think you can edit the names of sims and family tree with this free download . its sim pe not sure if you have heard of it befor. all modders use it to make new objects, clothes, objects recolours and so on i think you can also edit names and famiuly tree here is the link. you do need microsoft net framework first which is free and will be on the sim pe page as a link. to ascess the download click download (obvisously) and there you are. here is the link.

http://sims.ambertation.de/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:34 AM
SimPE isn't the only way. As mentioned above you can use boolProp, or (what I personally prefer to use) the hacked multi painting that can be found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...hacked+painting
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:35 AM
Thanks. I downloaded SimPE not too long ago, but I haven't used it yet.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:36 AM
i like the hacked painting that giggles is talking about since i dont know too much about simpe!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 12:27 PM
1) Run SimPE 2) Tools -> Neighborhood -> Neighborhood Browser
(takes a few seconds to load after you pick a neighborhood)

3) Tools -> Neighborhood -> Sim Browser
(Choose a sim you want to modify)
(Make sure the lower half of the screen has "plugin" highlighted.)

It loads the "Sim Description Editor"
Make sure your on the Overview tab.

Change the characters name, click the button that says "COMMIT"

5) Exit than Save, and your done.