Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 1:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default kidnap townies
Well, I wanted to know if kidnapping townies from the game could be detrimental to my game. I wanted to make a story about a crazy man who kidnaps people passing by on the street (and more things, but I won't say anything else ;D), I would do it. with the inseminator... sorry if it's a stupid question, you already know that I know little about the sims 2... Thank you :D
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 2:18 AM
Well, if you kill the townies or remove them into other families, eventually there won't be visitors and the game will make more boring random ones. You'll see the same smaller number of people visiting commlots.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 2:39 AM
Hello!, that is, if I kill the townies, won't they be made again?... doesn't the game generate more?... that was my doubt, if so, I'll leave you alone xd, a question the hills of the flor river (colinas del rio flor in spanish) ,There is a very small and cool residential lot, I brought a family in to raise their money and when I took them it was left empty and I don't know what furniture it had, I don't see it in the drawer, in my game it is called "Strawberry Hill 200" (in spanish * colina de la fresa, 200 )* How can I recover it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 9:20 PM
I was able to find that lot on Google, (I searched for it in English), does anyone else know if the townies thing is like that?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 7:16 AM
Nothing weird or bad will happen. Unless you have a mod to prevent this, the game will randomly generate new townies if there aren't enough.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 2:57 AM
I don't have that townies mod (I didn't even know that existed), obviously it would be the Maxis ones, I'm not going to kidnap my created sims, I know that the game doesn't make those again, I think there will be no danger, I won't play yet to that, but I will make a backup copy in case something goes wrong, thanks for all your help, I think the inhabitants/townies are created by the game at random, also generate the job bosses etc..., right?
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 10:49 AM
Just to clear things up:
The game will generate more townies. You can safely do this and have no problem with it (Unless SimCity police comes banging on your crazy Sim's door )
This is why EAxis made townies and service Sims; they are a sort of default Sims that can benefit storytelling, legacy challenges and many more. You can do whatever you want with them, nothing bad will happen at all.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 1:29 AM
thank you very much furycat! They also have such ugly names hahahahaha
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
thank you very much furycat! They also have such ugly names hahahahaha

No problem!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Well, if you kill the townies or remove them into other families, eventually there won't be visitors and the game will make more boring random ones.
They won't necessarily be boring if you have lots of nice townified outfits and stuff. Some of the Sims that have generated in my game are real eye candy.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 3:27 PM
To me they are "boring" because nobody made them with a vision and observing consistency. If the outfit shows a lot of skin, the person might be expected to have outgoing personality. A person with a business or education career might be dressed modestly. But if they are randomly generated, then anything goes. When you look at residents of Downtown, you see that they have been partly shaped by hand.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:36 AM
The regular townies were just as intentionally designed by EA as the downtownies were. The only ones that are randomly generated are the ones that get generated if you take the existing ones out of the townie pool, or if you install a template with no pregenerated townies in it.