Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:44 PM
Default Clowns and their associated facepaint
Hey guys and gals. I've been searching and searching, but I can't figure out how the clown outfits are associated with facepaint. I want to change one of the outfit's associated facepaint, and I see nothing anywhere that shows me what resource to amend. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Simmiller
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
Sorry, but I'm confused. In CAS when I put on an EA clown outfit, there's no associated facepaint, it has to be applied separately. Is there a clown outfit that includes facepaint?

If you mean NPC clowns, that would probably be the SIMO which includes all the sculpts, sliders, and CAS parts used for the sim. S4pe has a wrapper for it but I don't think anyone's played around with it yet.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Sorry, but I'm confused. In CAS when I put on an EA clown outfit, there's no associated facepaint, it has to be applied separately. Is there a clown outfit that includes facepaint?

If you mean NPC clowns, that would probably be the SIMO which includes all the sculpts, sliders, and CAS parts used for the sim. S4pe has a wrapper for it but I don't think anyone's played around with it yet.

Right, in CAS you don't see it, but then, when you go in game, there is clown face paint, with a bright red nose.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

Actually, it seems it's just the Tragic Clown costume that automatically gives you clown facepaint. Unfortunately, that's the costume I wanted to associate the Pennywise facepaint with. It has the right collar, but I seriously suck at meshing, so changing the regular clown costume likely won't be done by me
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:53 AM
Yeah, just the Tragic Clown. The face stuff seems to be applied by the associated buff, linked in the CASP BuffResKey. That points to a clothing buff data file. There may be links to other resources in the data in that - I'm trying to figure it out and will let you know if I come up with anything!

If you want a Pennywise outfit, you could try cloning the clown outfit and just add face paint to the texture in the face area. At least in theory it should overlay on the face. After cloning the tragic clown you can change the BuffResKey to something used by another outfit which doesn't add face paint and a nose.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4