Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 4:14 PM Last edited by IzumiFans : 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I can't download lots and sims
If i choosed wrong category, I'm sorry. I don't really know, where should I put it. I changed computer, on previous one everything worked perfectly, even if I made a mistake game worked correctly. I downloaded sims 2, everythinks works fine, I don't have many CC, i would even say very few. The only problem is with downloading lots and sims, I used CleanInstaller from the beggining and nothing worked, i've been searching for help and i found thread, where someone recommended to use game's package installer. I did, nothing changed. I checked game guide, forums, nothing helped and tbh I didn't find person who had same issue. Clean Installer tells me, that these files are in game, but when I start the sims 2 i don't see them, same with sims. They don't appear in bodyshop even tho Clean Installer says otherwise. I redownloaded game, turn off turn on, tried sims2package installer, checked files where downloaded lots and sims should be, what else can I do? Sorry for bad english and thank you in advance!
EDIT:
Oh my God i guess i found the reason so on Clean Installer when i tried to download again sim I noticed that it doesn't save those files to folders on my computer account, but on administrator account. Everything is there, of course I can just send those files to my account but my question is how do i change "target account" where Clean Installer sends my lots and sims? As I said I'm not really computer person and I would appreciate some help, thanks in advance again
EDIT 2:
I just downloaded Clean Installer again everything works fine but thank you so much for help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 5:18 PM
Hi @IzumiFans First thing to try is to delete the following folder:
Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport

(Your Sims 2 folder might be called something like 'Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' instead). Don't worry, the game will make a new teleport folder when needed!

The use Clean Installer to install ONE lot or sim, and run the game. Does that lot/ sim show up?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 5:32 PM
If you have your game installed in a non-default location (D-drive, or some other path to Documents), or if you have the UC (or some other non-CD variant), and/or Clean Installer is making extra folders outside the game with Downloads/Teleport because it's not recognizing the proper path, you can try to change the file path:
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...0&postcount=152

If you redownloaded the game (not sure why?) make sure you re-enable CC.

It could also be your game isn't properly recognizing the Downloads & SavedSims folders. If so, move those two folders out (don't delete!), and run Bodyshop. This will regenerate the folders. Then move your downloads back into the new Downloads folder.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 9:52 PM
Is any of your CC working?
If not, perhaps you need to enable CC in the game's options menu? You usually need to do that any time you start a fresh game installation...such as when you get a new computer.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Is any of your CC working?
If not, perhaps you need to enable CC in the game's options menu? You usually need to do that any time you start a fresh game installation...such as when you get a new computer.

Yes, CC from "Downloads" file works fine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you have your game installed in a non-default location (D-drive, or some other path to Documents), or if you have the UC (or some other non-CD variant), and/or Clean Installer is making extra folders outside the game with Downloads/Teleport because it's not recognizing the proper path, you can try to change the file path:
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...0&postcount=152

If you redownloaded the game (not sure why?) make sure you re-enable CC.

It could also be your game isn't properly recognizing the Downloads & SavedSims folders. If so, move those two folders out (don't delete!), and run Bodyshop. This will regenerate the folders. Then move your downloads back into the new Downloads folder.

I tried to change the path, can't save it, it says I don't have root permission... I'm not really computer person But I moved Downloads and SavedSims folders, runned bodyshop, only downloads regenerated. I guess Clean Installer is making extra folders outside the game but I don't know where should I look
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:30 PM
Where is your Documents folder, versus where Clean Installer is trying to install the files?