Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#4951 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Annorah : 25th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Teen Sims can skip school until 12 PM. Meaning, you can have them miss the bus and, as long as they get there by 12 PM, they won't lose a grade.

Hey, your discovery reminds me of my adolescence. I had to be at school by 1 PM, and I dropped by at 2.30.

'Hey, sorry, I... Um, err, I had a minor del-'
'Look, at this point it is enough that you are here to begin with. Go take a seat, please.'

Ah, those golden days :')

Each day, I promise my teen sims that I am going to make them lead the most colourful adolescences!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4952 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:36 PM
I've seen that, and always wondered!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#4953 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
Have you guys ever take your Sim to play water balloon fight outside while it's raining ?...and then lightning struck at the center of the fight...
You know, what was happened after the strike ? Sorry for no pic but I was really shocked and hurry back to the neighborhood screen without saving...

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Field Researcher
#4954 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:20 PM
I discovered today that Maxis devised a rather clever internal name for a family which has an unknown purpose: Bob the Builder. I'd love to know what that was used for. i think it may have been used for automating some type of task. Here's a reference to what the heck I'm talking about.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...amily_Instances

I like how Goopy GilsCarbo has his own internal name as well:
  • Goopy = 32757 (0x7FF5) (purpose unknown)
Mad Poster
#4955 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:17 PM
lol. I'm sure Goopy has a purpose...maybe.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4956 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:55 PM
I discovered today that Maxis devised a rather clever internal name for a family which has an unknown purpose: Bob the Builder.
Does anyone else have the theme song from that kids' show stuck in their head now?
Mad Poster
#4957 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote:
Teen Sims can skip school until 12 PM. Meaning, you can have them miss the bus and, as long as they get there by 12 PM, they won't lose a grade.

With a recent mod that lets teens and children out at 1pm instead of 3, that means my teens only have to go to school for an hour every day and still get A's.

Those young 'uns have it so easy!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#4958 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:18 PM
Yesterday I discovered that when adopting a child, the game may choose a custom, un-geneticized (and therefore un-townified) skintone. I don't know how common this is, but I'm thinking maybe it's so that you can have a chance of adopting an alien baby? I had to go into SimPE and check, but the skin that the baby has does indeed have a genetic value of 0.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
just a girl
#4959 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:31 PM
Genetisized and townified is not the same thing. Skin tone can be un-geneticized but townified.
Lab Assistant
#4960 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:23 PM
I literally just learned that you could have family reunions if you have a party with alot of relatives
Mad Poster
#4961 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:24 AM
There was a bug in the unpatched base game where you could get way too many Family Reunion memories. When I first played Strangetown, I moved Johnny Smith into the Specter house, had him propose to Ophelia, and and then told him to invite several friends and relatives to the wedding. Johnny ended up with three solid pages of Family Reunion memories and developed the jump bug not long after that.
Lab Assistant
#4962 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There was a bug in the unpatched base game where you could get way too many Family Reunion memories. When I first played Strangetown, I moved Johnny Smith into the Specter house, had him propose to Ophelia, and and then told him to invite several friends and relatives to the wedding. Johnny ended up with three solid pages of Family Reunion memories and developed the jump bug not long after that.

OMG , this was fixed right
Mad Poster
#4963 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:14 AM
Yes, It was fixed in one of the early patches.
Mad Poster
#4964 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:06 AM
I discovered yesterday that Murano's mirror floors aren't just pretty on pictures. That I can actually play the game with them on. Yes I know, I am late. But I am still fairly new and not accustomed yet to a good gaming computer. I still get surprised by it. lol.
I remember when i first downloaded the shader and 1x1 floor mirror tile. Tried it in a house...I was barely able to rotate and move. Huge lag, so I didn't even attempt to play. I never tried it afterwards.
TSR has been kind of nice (weird huh?!?) to me these past months...I download stuff then realized I am not logged in. Looked up Murano's mirror floors, could download the whole set. (not the walls, not interested)
Tried them..noticed no lag whatsoever. I am happy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4965 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:40 AM
Sims can daydream about sims they've never met.
I never tell my sims to daydream which I guess is why I didn't know this.
Mad Poster
#4966 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:36 AM
That guy's want to have a baby is no joke...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4967 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Upon greeting your enemies that will result in their (unwanted ?) invitation to the house.

I also discovered along with that animation when I welcomed my enemy. I loved it.

Not so ago, Tara Kat had a cat store open at her lot with that cat display thing. One of residents purchase one. It's the only store with the pet type there was in the neighborhood. I return to the customer's hold, just to find a pop message whenever I wanted to keep the purchase of a new member. That lead me to the discovery that sims can come purchasing any pet from the store and get quite the opposite one out of the species.
Theorist
#4968 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:27 PM
I discover that children can be part of the welcome wagon.
Mad Poster
#4969 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:52 PM
I discover a track by the name of "University - Splash" while listening to the compilation of soundtracks on youtube.
Scholar
#4970 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
That repairing the UC version of The Sims made it prompt for Origin. Replacing the .exe file from backup solved that issue, and some other part of the repair fixed the trouble I'd had loading the game.
Alchemist
#4971 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That guy's want to have a baby is no joke...
I seen it many times.
it is mostly Family Adults of either gender.
as far as I recall, most Wants/Fears are gender neutral.
Forum Resident
#4972 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:44 PM
That the update from origin to UC made my game more laggy and did not fix a thing
So 2015 laptops do not need the update apparently

On a minor note
I could also just have set the graphics to low which I used to have anyway

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#4973 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:51 AM
That with Pescado's sshack, the social worker will indeed stay away if there are more kids in the house with passing grades than with failing grades... but if the child with the failing grade stays home while all the other children are at school, the social worker will come to take away that child, and only that child. (Split up a twin set which was pretty sad! But having one less kid in that house was probably a good thing)

I'm guessing the same would be true, even without mods, if only one child was home and it was starving? That the social worker would just take that one and go instead of waiting around for all the others to return home? I might test it out because I could see that being useful in big families that can't handle so many kids but don't want to lose them all.
Mad Poster
#4974 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I seen it many times.
it is mostly Family Adults of either gender.
as far as I recall, most Wants/Fears are gender neutral.

I'm pretty sure Rosebine's point was that the sim was daydreaming about toddlers, not anything to do with his gender.
Mad Poster
#4975 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 30th Jan 2018 at 4:29 AM.
Today I learned that...pregnant Sims can't wear hats, apparently?

(Also, I didn't even realize she'd gotten pregnant. I was wondering why her motives were dropping so fast.)

EDIT: Also, Sims drinking coffee seem to prefer sitting in a living chair than a dining one, even if they have to traipse all the way upstairs to do so.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 199 of 441