Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:02 AM
Default WCIF simple sitting pose/ pose box?
I've recently come back to making some Sims 2 machinima and I'm having trouble finding a pose -- I want a very simple sitting pose, with hands on lap, or resting at the side. There seems to be every other type of sitting pose available, but I cannot find this simple pose. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Check out Pleasantview the Soap Opera 🎥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:31 AM
You could just direct them to sit on a couch or something and turn free will off so they don't move.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:56 AM
http://modthesims.info/d/272312 This one has a lot of the ones found in a lot of machinimas
http://honeypetal.hanabie.com/menu/...ensposebox.html I also use this a lot; It has resting type sitting poses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflamehuntress
http://modthesims.info/d/272312 This one has a lot of the ones found in a lot of machinimas
http://honeypetal.hanabie.com/menu/...ensposebox.html I also use this a lot; It has resting type sitting poses.

Thank you. They're close to what I'm looking for. I'd really like a sit on stool pose in which the sims held their hands on their laps, but can't find one anywhere.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:43 AM
Sims will usually sit in exactly that pose when directing them to sit down. However, if there's another sim also sitting in the same room, they'll start talking to that person.

Depending on what you want them to do when sitting in the pose, there are several tricks you can do to stop them from talking. Among other things, there's one box that puts a "neutral" filter over talking poses to stop the excessive hand-waving and other annoying movements, so their conversations are toned down a little - I think it's by Trendy Hendry or Decorgal, but I'll have to check. Their poses are geared toward machinimia, so they come in useful for other things as well. I think they've also got several neutral sitting poses + talking overlays in those boxes. They were up at the graveyard, but I'm not sure if that site is down again.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:19 PM
The other thing to use if you just want a static pose, is the time freezer clock (on here). You can get them stuck in one position - the one you want. It's Decorgal Simmer22 - also on here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
Thanks for all suggestions! The reason I need a 'box' pose, rather than an in-game sitting cue, is I need the sim sitting still while overlaying with a talking cue. If anyone happens across such a pose box let me know There's a few I've cone across that are almost there, and I can use a camera angle to hide certain gestures and leans, etc, but I'd really like a basic/ normal sitting pose for chairs, stools and anything else. Thanks!

Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:46 PM
Check your inbox for a PM

Most of the Decorgal boxes are overlays, there's also talking overlays and various other goodies in the boxes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Check your inbox for a PM

Most of the Decorgal boxes are overlays, there's also talking overlays and various other goodies in the boxes.

Thank you :D

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doons99P
Thank you. They're close to what I'm looking for. I'd really like a sit on stool pose in which the sims held their hands on their laps, but can't find one anywhere.

The first one I linked, decorgal's box, has a pose for the stools as well shown in the fourth picture
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkflamehuntress
The first one I linked, decorgal's box, has a pose for the stools as well shown in the fourth picture

Thanks! That's one of the ones I've been using.