Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8351 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 1:59 AM
Not if you can include or link said CC.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8352 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Not if you can include or link said CC.

I thought cc wasn't suppose to be included? and for the female sim I'm working on her athletic outfit is a CC denecklaced version of the mermaid sarong from the store, I recategorized the cc version so it shows as athletic is it ok to include that?
Scholar
#8353 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 4:03 PM
Which NRaas Master Controller module adds the Triggery Age Transition option for a Sim? I thought it was the regular or extended version, but I didn't see the option on the infant I wanted to trigger to toddler; had to use testingcheats for that one.

And Population also allows me to set the rate of wild animals to spawn, right?
Scholar
#8354 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:10 PM
Register will govern the animals. You can trigger age transition through activating cheats and then shift clicking your target sim. Master Controller will do it to under the "sim" menu.
Test Subject
#8355 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:25 PM
Is having subway stations and LLAMAs both in a town bad? I remember reading somewhere it was or wasn't good at the least and just discovered the custom town I'm playing has both, so I was wondering if I should remove one or the other.
Forum Resident
#8356 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:16 PM
I recently uploaded a sim, then looking at the photos I realized the make up was set to all categories, when it was actually supposed to be all but sleepwear, is there a way to fix without uploading a whole new sim, or am I just overthinking and it's fine?
Site Helper
#8357 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
I recently uploaded a sim, then looking at the photos I realized the make up was set to all categories, when it was actually supposed to be all but sleepwear, is there a way to fix without uploading a whole new sim, or am I just overthinking and it's fine?

I would post in Creator Issues, but I'm pretty sure you can get the opportunity to replace the sim with a corrected version.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#8358 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner

Once the sim is available for download, you can edit the download, but the only way to change this would be by replacing the sim file. I suggest adding a note to the download, like: Isabella is very dramatic, so she sleeps in full makeup. If you would like to change this... (include instructions for the fix). Or more to the point: Isabella has full makeup in all clothing categories. You can adjust this by....
I have been waiting for these sims!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#8359 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 2nd Jul 2019 at 2:35 AM.
Ok thanks guys, it seems to be a random glitch with my game, I can edit with the mirror but every time they change clothes it goes right back,

the good news I think it was just the hood I was playing, Saved the sims in new hood and glitch is gone. so I updated the file.
Top Secret Researcher
#8360 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 8:18 PM
This could also go into the WCIF thread but it's really stupid.
I have a mod that randomly and autonomously makes sims leave the home lot to go to some lot in the world.
I started the Nothing Is Free challenge, so there is nowhere to go and I'd like to turn it off. I'm fairly certain it's turn-offable but I don't remember how and I don't know what it's called. Nothing in my loooong list of mods seems to be the one.
I don't venture much beyond MTS, Naughty Sims Asylum or NRAAS for mods but I'm at a loss what it is. I installed it probably last year, not too long ago. Any ideas?
Site Helper
#8361 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 8:39 PM
A binary search through your mods folder may be the recommended way to track down a bad mod, but it's also a way to simply track down anything in there that you want to find... Just don't delete it.

ETA: Since you are not looking for a possible mod conflict, you don't even need to bother testing the other side each time. Just put half of the mods in and test. Then test half of the group that had it, rinse and repeat until you are down to one mod. And you can start by putting in everything that you are certain you know the function of, because the one you are looking for is a mystery mod.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8362 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 8:52 PM
1. How to earn the Grand Master in Chess title?
2. At what hours should I check for the Symphony?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8363 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
This could also go into the WCIF thread but it's really stupid.
I have a mod that randomly and autonomously makes sims leave the home lot to go to some lot in the world.
I started the Nothing Is Free challenge, so there is nowhere to go and I'd like to turn it off. I'm fairly certain it's turn-offable but I don't remember how and I don't know what it's called. Nothing in my loooong list of mods seems to be the one.
I don't venture much beyond MTS, Naughty Sims Asylum or NRAAS for mods but I'm at a loss what it is. I installed it probably last year, not too long ago. Any ideas?

There's the pretty famous More Sims in Clubs (MSC) mods and then Townies on the Town. But if we're talking about sims in the active household being pushed out of their residential lots without player involvement, that's an option of NRaas StoryProgression. Could this be what you are seeing?

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Sims > Push Actives to Visit Lots > T/F (SP Extra add-on module)
Top Secret Researcher
#8364 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 3:38 AM Last edited by 310175 : 8th Jul 2019 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
A binary search through your mods folder may be the recommended way to track down a bad mod, but it's also a way to simply track down anything in there that you want to find... Just don't delete it.

ETA: Since you are not looking for a possible mod conflict, you don't even need to bother testing the other side each time. Just put half of the mods in and test. Then test half of the group that had it, rinse and repeat until you are down to one mod. And you can start by putting in everything that you are certain you know the function of, because the one you are looking for is a mystery mod.

Ah, my laziness and the 300MB of mods were hoping for an easier solution.
I keep thinking it was somehow toggled on the mailbox but in my empty world, nothing pops, neither with testingcheats on nor off.
I'll check with a full world and StoryProgression. If that doesn't help, I will have to go the long way.
Thanks, everyone!

ETA: Found it! It works in Sunset Valley and shows up to be toggled at the mailbox. It's from Arsil. I can't find it in his Downloads, so it's probably from some thread somewhere here on MTS I happened to read. No idea how to find it but if someone wants to go look, this is the file name: : Arsil_Leavinghomeainteasy
Instructor
#8365 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:02 PM
Does having a lot of tomb room markers on a community lot - not a tomb - impact performance/lag? I mean when used instead of hidden room markers to black out unnecessary rooms. I've seen it used that way before on custom lots and it's handy cause you don't need to use 'restrictbuildbuy' every time you wanna edit something, but is there some limit to their number? And when I say a lot, I mean a lot, it needs probably round 50-ish for 1x1/2x2 columns and such.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8366 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Does having a lot of tomb room markers on a community lot - not a tomb - impact performance/lag? I mean when used instead of hidden room markers to black out unnecessary rooms. I've seen it used that way before on custom lots and it's handy cause you don't need to use 'restrictbuildbuy' every time you wanna edit something, but is there some limit to their number? And when I say a lot, I mean a lot, it needs probably round 50-ish for 1x1/2x2 columns and such.
I don't know about performance but tomb markers on a community lot can disrupt gameplay on that lot. Ghosts, for example, can't float through walls on lots with tomb markers and graveyard ghosts won't be able to return to their graves on such a lot. Also, if any non-played Sims happen to enter a room with a tomb marker they cannot leave that room on their own anymore.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
1. How to earn the Grand Master in Chess title?
2. At what hours should I check for the Symphony?

1. You will have to challenge other chess masters (Sims with at least one (hidden) skill point in chess) to a game of chess and then win. It's not enough to play chess with any random Sim. The option to challenge another chess master is either available on your Sim's phone or when you click on the chess board and another chess master is present on the lot, too. It works in a similar way to the martial arts challenges.

2. I can't remember the exact days but I think there's only two possible days a week when there are either concerts, plays or symphonies at the theatre and the stadium, possibly starting at 3pm. A good way to find out about them is to place the search lights from the community objects section in Build Mode on these lots, because they will light up automatically whenever there's a performance. Whether it's a symphony or not seems to be random.
Mad Poster
#8367 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 10:22 PM
Ah it's not enough then. I only discover and realized you need to call for a ranked chest quite some time playing. Thanks though.

New questions:
1. Certain objects that been broken but are fixed still have the interaction to be "replace"d. Bug?
2. So I receive the opportunity of " oh my ghost" and thought heck, why not have another household member that's paranormal. Thing is, I don't who this deceased relative is and which urn is (I suspect inactive household send their member's grave to graveyard) it. And I don't think Rhett Funke has any blood-related relatives besides his family that live under the same hood. So any how to find this deceased Sim's grave?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#8368 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 11:55 PM
1. It just means that it's old and wearing out.
2. Go to the mausoleum and there should be an option to collect graves.
Scholar
#8369 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 3:06 AM
Stupid question of my own: if you've cloned a sim, did the clone baby end up with some weird traits? Clone baby has the "flirty" trait which is not available until the teen birthday.
Instructor
#8370 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I don't know about performance but tomb markers on a community lot can disrupt gameplay on that lot. Ghosts, for example, can't float through walls on lots with tomb markers and graveyard ghosts won't be able to return to their graves on such a lot. Also, if any non-played Sims happen to enter a room with a tomb marker they cannot leave that room on their own anymore.

Thanks, good to know for future reference. It won't be a problem with the current lot as the rooms are mostly just small structural elements necessary for the building and don't have any doors/windows to begin with, so if a sim - ghostly or corporal - somehow manages to find himself inside he'll have a hella time getting out, markers or not lol.
Scholar
#8371 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:29 PM
Vargfjell suddenly chooses to have the game close itself when I move in a sim I just made.
I double-checked; she's not wearing any CC that I haven't used before, and the sims I moved in just before her in that town loaded in just fine.
I even repaired my game and its EPs, to see if that maybe was the issue, and I deinstalled and reinstalled the world...
Scholar
#8372 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:33 AM
Do active Sims who are not hopeless romantics ever autonomously propose marriage? I have a couple who lives together that will kiss and woohoo all day long, but nobody pops the question. Maybe I need a mod?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#8373 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:40 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th Jul 2019 at 8:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Do active Sims who are not hopeless romantics ever autonomously propose marriage? I have a couple who lives together that will kiss and woohoo all day long, but nobody pops the question.

No, but there is a mod by bluegenjutsu at The Sims Asylum that allows for this. Many players find that the romantic interactions it pushes are a bit too random and chaotic for their tastes, though. NRaas StoryProgression will push relationships forward (and backward) as will AwesomeMod's Story Mode, but that's not exactly the same thing as having proposals and weddings actually take place and these options do not affect actively being played sims and their potential partners.
#8374 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 8:57 PM
What would make my wood oven (from Monte Vista) and teppenyaki grill suddenly stop functioning? The oven isn't interactable at all now, and the grill only lets me do tricks and never gives me cooking options.
Mad Poster
#8375 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
What would make my wood oven (from Monte Vista) and teppenyaki grill suddenly stop functioning? The oven isn't interactable at all now, and the grill only lets me do tricks and never gives me cooking options.

Very likely that would be an issue with your ccmerged.package file that lives in DCBackup. It is required for TS3 Store premium content to work correctly. If you had ever replaced your user game folder and brought the installed content in from the old one without also copying over this file, that will happen. Or sometimes the file just "goes bad" all on its own or players delete it by accident.

To rebuild the file, all of your TS3 Store premium content would need to be Launcher installed again (unless you can copy the ccmerged file in from a prior game folder). Or you could download and use Nonamena's, she accounts for all premium content in hers and it's fine to use no matter how much or how little premium store content you have going.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...m-content-items
(see the download link about 3/4 of the way down the page)

If all else fails even with the freshly downloaded ccmerged file, then that means things are loading out of the expected order on startup. The next step would be to leave it where it is in DCBackup but put a second copy in Mods\Overrides though not everyone needs to take that step to get things working again.
Page 335 of 385