Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:41 AM Last edited by igazor : 12th Oct 2018 at 2:50 AM.
Default NRaas Has Moved! (Updated Oct 1, 2018)
Hey NRaas members,

Didja know Wikispaces is shutting down on us? Didja hear NRaas is moving but no one on staff (yes, we can be very stubborn when we want to be) will tell you the new address? Are you losing sleep because the new site address might be too tricky to find after we disappear? Do you or your sims suffer from rashes and itchy skin during the warm summer months? Okay, sorry but we may not be able to help with that last one...

Fear not, we have an update for you!

(Edit: removing the info about account conversions since this is no longer relevant)

"Hey Igazor, I don't care about account conversions and you still haven't given us the URL for the new site's homepage!"
We are now at nraas.net. The site is not fully functional nor are all of the mod downloads in place yet due to technical issues, but it's all being worked on.

"I have a complaint, I don't like the way the new site looks so far, it's the wrong shade of orange, the navigation tools are in the wrong place, I don't like change, and you guys are going about this all wrong."
We are not seeking feedback on the new site nor on the way we are going about the transition at this time. If those discussions need to happen, they can take place later on.

"When is NRaas Chemistry going to be released?"
When it's ready, and not a moment sooner.

Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:56 PM
Thanks for warning us ahead of time. I had just linked my old account to my new account there.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:00 PM
Sounds like Jubilee.... all my old stupid questions at NRAAS will be forgotten if I don't renew.

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM
Now I need to remember my new password....
I really hope that "forgot password" link works. I have a feeling I may need it as soon as the site is live.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:14 AM
Never had an account, not sure why I'd need one either, but the new site looks good. Looks like the transition is buttery smooth as well. Thanks for making it that way, you could've just let the site expire and dropped everyone who possibly could've needed anything from it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 4:48 AM
If the user has no intention of ever participating on our message boards to ask questions, report an issue, upload a script log for help with interpreting it, request a new feature, help out other players, or just chat about their mod usage and what they have learned or hope to learn, and if they have no intention of contributing to the documentation pages, translations, or help with mod development, then no I can't really see why they would need an account with us. Guests will be able to download the mods and use the documentation pages as they can now with no need to log in.

Some players have no current need for any of the above, but would still like an account so they don't have to fiddle around with getting verified when they do eventually have an issue to post about or would like to participate in other ways. I would suggest in these cases waiting until the site fully launches to create a new account. There is no point in trying to convert an existing one that has no history at all other than to reserve a particularly cherished screen name.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:52 AM
I'm just glad it's not one of those places where you have to do this or that to be able to download stuff. Primary reason I made an MTS account (and this is my second, god knows what the first one was called but it's probably 10 years old) is so I could download stuff from here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Never had an account, not sure why I'd need one either, but the new site looks good. Looks like the transition is buttery smooth as well. Thanks for making it that way, you could've just let the site expire and dropped everyone who possibly could've needed anything from it.

If you want to beta test pre-released mods you really need an account so you can say what went wrong with the mod. NRAAS is far better at taking mod feedback than any other major mod organization.
if all you're going to do is download and not ask questions, or suggest improvements, then you don't need an account. I, however, am not smart enough to not have questions. Story Progression had me utterly confused but now I have it working pretty good.

Sims are better than us.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:37 AM
What if I'd like to keep my post history but upgrade to my current MTS user name (and not the old one I still have at NRaas)?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:49 PM
What is NRaas Chemistry? Btw I already set up my account on the other site.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
What if I'd like to keep my post history but upgrade to my current MTS user name (and not the old one I still have at NRaas)?

You could change your existing Wikispaces user name now and then convert your account, although I'm not entirely sure that will work as Chain specified only users with accounts prior to Aug 15 can be converted at this time so he might be working with an exported database file. Perhaps it would be better if you converted your account as it is now and then changed your user name on the new site after we go fully live in October.

Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
What is NRaas Chemistry?

Chemistry is the next major NRaas mod in development, and will be a redo of the game's attraction system. It is currently in a very early pre-alpha development stage, there is nothing to see yet.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I tried to move my account, however, it seems to no longer exist. Do accounts that are not used get purged?

Inactive accounts have never been purged. If you want, please send me a PM with what you think your exact account name was and I will try to find it. We don't have a member with your MTS screen name, I only found one close match (could be a coincidence) and they only ever posted on NRaas one time.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Chemistry is the next major NRaas mod in development, and will be a redo of the game's attraction system. It is currently in a very early pre-alpha development stage, there is nothing to see yet.
The only issue I see with Chemistry, is that you have to be ChainReaction to be attractive.
Btw, if I was writing it, I'd be the ideal of beauty too!
Very much looking forward to Chemistry!

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:36 PM
Just had a nosy peek at the new site - I like it a lot! Crisp and clear, tidy and easy to read. I'll wait till October to actually create an account for the first time.
And Chemistry sounds exciting! Looking foward to the overall it will bring - this sounds like the perfect time to get back into TS3 properly, methinks...

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 5:02 AM
Updated my stuff. Thanks for the headsup and good luck with the move.

Thanks, I hate it.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 2:15 PM
Yeah I've never bothered with StoryProgression but Chemistry sounds like it might have serious potential if you're not into the whole "progression" thing.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 7:07 AM Last edited by igazor : 24th Sep 2018 at 7:18 AM.
Giving this a gentle bump; have edited the top post as the final upload of pending accounts is complete. Everyone who had an NRaas account on Wikispaces up through Sep 23, 2018 may now convert their account for usage on the new site if they wish as per the above but you only have around six days left to do so (we're not really sure what exactly will happen with Wikispaces account services come Oct 1).
Mad Poster
#17 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:03 PM
@igazor

Quick question- are there going to be plans for a full-capability forum on the new site?

The Chatterbox was nice, but it might be interesting to have subsections (i.e. General Discussion, NRAAS Issues, NRAAS Development) to help split up and direct discussions.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 30th Sep 2018 at 8:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Yeah I've never bothered with StoryProgression but Chemistry sounds like it might have serious potential if you're not into the whole "progression" thing.

NRAAS story progression is like driving a tank in San Francisco... lots of driving in poo, lots of collisions and things destroyed, screaming and shouting, but then you get the hang of it as you make your way over the Golden Gate to North Bay in glory and happiness and rainbows.
Not sure why that analogy seems right to me.
Better go check my meds.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@igazor

Quick question- are there going to be plans for a full-capability forum on the new site?

The Chatterbox was nice, but it might be interesting to have subsections (i.e. General Discussion, NRAAS Issues, NRAAS Development) to help split up and direct discussions.

We already had designated areas for mod issue reports, support, and development separate from Chatterbox. The mods had their own message boards, one each for development and support, and we had "rules" posted about what kind of discussions should go where. Everyone posted wherever they felt like it anyway and we did not have the ability to move the discussions to where they each really belonged because Wikispaces had kind of slapped the message board system onto the knowledge store functions as an afterthought more than anything else. Fortunately posting volume was never so high that we couldn't see what was being posted everywhere and hopefully not many pleas for help went unanswered, but of course we can and will do better than that.

We will keep the same structure on the new site to begin with or else no one, including us, would be able to find anything but yes I am sure we are going to reorganize that setup at some point and make it more hierarchical. At least from the very beginning we will have the ability to edit our own posts, we Organizers can move stuff around as needed, and no one will need to learn a foreign language (wikitext) in order to post things with formatting properly.

Now it's going to take some of us years to "unlearn" wikitext, I already surround text with double slashes to make it italicized and double asterisks to make it bold all over the place on the web but of course that doesn't really work elsewhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
I've updated links to nraas.wikispaces.com on The Sims Wiki to the new https://www.nraas.net; however, not all of the links were updated cleanly. In particular, links to mod subpages (such as documentation pages and download pages for individual modules) and anchor links are still broken or link to non-existent pages on the new site. Since the Wikispaces site is completely gone now though this will hopefully help direct traffic to the new site and save people the scare over seeing a "This site is closed" message.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
I've updated links to nraas.wikispaces.com on The Sims Wiki to the new https://www.nraas.net; however, not all of the links were updated cleanly. In particular, links to mod subpages (such as documentation pages and download pages for individual modules) and anchor links are still broken or link to non-existent pages on the new site. Since the Wikispaces site is completely gone now though this will hopefully help direct traffic to the new site and save people the scare over seeing a "This site is closed" message.

That's very helpful, thanks!

Many of the internal pages corresponding to their predecessors on Wikispaces and many of the mod downloads are not in place yet. It's all still being worked on, as are other site issues and the DDoS attacks we suddenly inherited. I don't yet know why the main page from Wikispaces is failing to redirect or if we asked them to switch that off because of the attack vectors (never mind, the redirect is fixed now), it's still ever-changing. We'll get things stabilized and useful again soon enough.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:17 AM
I've had my patience with you guys, but it's almost two weeks and my patience has it's limit. The site is still far from being usable and especially useful. So I have two questions that bothers me most. 1) When will the documentation be finally up? I am finding myself increasingly lost without being able to look at the documentation, which is the main thing I was going to NRaas site in past. 2) Will you do something with the unclosable Table of Contents window on some pages, including FAQ pages, covering most of the page, making it practically unreadable?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 12:08 PM
I kinda agree. Why disable the link to the original domain when the documentation isn't even ready laid out at the newer one?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#24 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I kinda agree. Why disable the link to the original domain when the documentation isn't even ready laid out at the newer one?

You could use the Wayback Machine to see the documents in the meantime until they restore them. That's what I had done when I was trying to help somebody with a Sims 3 problem that requires NRaas to fix it. Here's a link to one of them. https://web.archive.org/web/2018032...oller-Sim-Basic
Site Helper
#25 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:33 PM
There are links at NRAAS to the wayback machine to find the documentation that hasn't made its way there yet, and every day when I go there the site has made progress.

Try writing a novel in two weeks. That's about the level of the job that Chain is taking on now that the site is live and all the bugs are popping out of the woodwork. I think he has been making amazing progress, especially since this is NOT his full-time job that puts the groceries on the table.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 1 of 3