Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:18 PM
Default Big beautiful worlds vs Small spartan worlds.
Is it just me? I found a really well done world that made me totally envious of the skill, talent and time it took to create it! The world is beautiful, the houses render well, and it's quite playable.
But it's so big it takes a long time to load, save and seems easier to corrupt.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:38 PM
Which world is that? Just curious.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:13 PM
Small worlds I won't mind. I probably prefer those for quicker loading than bigger ones, and I take playability/practicality into consideration.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Small worlds I won't mind. I probably prefer those for quicker loading than bigger ones, and I take playability/practicality into consideration.

Larger worlds also seem to crash the game more than smaller worlds and they're smoother to play as well which is why I prefer them. Sunset Valley took a good while to load up on the desktop.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Which world is that? Just curious.
Red Country by Coasterboi. Looks great, admire the work, but long loads and I am running into problems with corrupt game saves where my sim is there, but not in the User interface. Three times now!

Sims are better than us.
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:42 PM
Costerboi’s finest moment.
I’ve been using my Red County save for 8 years with no problem.
As always, if a hood seems too detailed, you’re always free to delete stuff to make it more manageable.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:08 AM
I tend to like medium the best. Large enough for all I want in one and not so big it takes ages to travel about and maybe containing areas I have no interest in. I like small for vacation worlds to visit.

I download worlds to check out a lot. I have gotten some that are huge and totally unplayable even with my i7. I can run 3 with all except K Perry normally without problems, so when one is a problem, it is just too huge or not routed properly, or who knows what? And that is a shame as some took years to do and otherwise are very well done.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:57 AM
Big beautiful worlds? Oh, how I wish! My favorite is Kiwi Tea's Riverblossom Hills, it is very photogenic. But I mostly use it for story telling and even then I use a slimmed down version with many lots and families deleted. The full thing lags terribly when I try to play it and it also has a nasty habit of going into an infinite loop or crashing when I try to exit Edit Town mode. I recently wanted to place new lot there to be used in a story chapter and had to reload the game three times before I succeed.
On the other hand I find most small worlds too restricting for game play and, if I'm looking for somewhere new to try, I usually look for something medium sized.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:22 PM
I keep forgetting that there are lots of different ways to play the sims other than my way. Big beautiful worlds exist for a reason. I didn't mean anything about Red Country other than it's a beautiful world, and I noticed that I get glitches when I use that world.
I think when I get back from the future my sim is going to move to another world.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:54 PM
cawblog's Strawberry Acres is beautiful and pretty small if you wanna try a smaller world that also has some pretty good detail. His Mesa Grande and Amberville are also pretty good.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:43 PM
I've got a legacy running in Evermore Falls which is blank in a new game and I only have to fix my city hall there and get a few more community lots built on which is just going into edit town to work on that before my game there is fixed.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
cawblog's Strawberry Acres is beautiful and pretty small if you wanna try a smaller world that also has some pretty good detail. His Mesa Grande and Amberville are also pretty good.

The link to download Strawberry Acres seems to be broken. Is there another way to get it?

I'm a custom world hoarder, lol.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
The link to download Strawberry Acres seems to be broken. Is there another way to get it?

I'm a custom world hoarder, lol.

Here's a link! All his worlds are in that link I believe.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:21 PM
Thanks!

Gonna use this thread to ask: is Boroughsburg playable? It looks really cool but i'm afraid it would take up a lot of memory.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:24 PM
It's playable and pretty light, 90% of it is decorative. It's like a Sims 4 world, only way better.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#16 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 12:48 AM
How small we talkin'? I never liked those worlds where there are only a few lots crammed onto a tiny island. But if it was a small country village or seaside town, those I can dig.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:10 AM
It's tiny. I think I found 2 or 3 non-decorative lots. It's gorgeous but imo should be used for movie sets and not gameplay (or if you want to bulldoze and build everything yourself). I snapped a couple of pics because it looked so good, but I prefer bigger populations.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:19 PM
What kind of community lots do you guys include?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#19 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 8:57 AM
I've been setting up Lipussel; it's small enough that I can see most of it on the screen when zoomed out, but large enough that I can have all necessary community lots and enough households so that there are still enough sims running around and populating. Unless the rabbithole is pretty and fits the aesthetic of the town (and the lot sizes), I've been using rabbithole rugs and designing the lots myself. There's a certain aesthetic I like about having different stores in multipurpose buildings, and the smaller a world is, the more scarce and valuable building space is.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What kind of community lots do you guys include?

I normally have one lot for grocery + bookstore + diner, one for school + gym, one for science + hospital, one for police + city hall + military, one for evil (I normally make it look abandoned and overgrown with weeds).
Last save I played had a lot designed as a graveyard with a church that had been turned into a community center/hangout spot.
Another was a movie theater with a bar upstairs.
Another was an office building for city hall and business and journalism.
Another was grocery + bookstore + diner + school, with a gym upstairs.

I nuke auto-placed lots like performance parks, junkyards, fire stations or karaoke bars. Unless I'm playing an inventor sim, there's little use for a junkyard lot IMO.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:09 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Oct 2018 at 9:22 AM.
Some very interesting worlds here. I will have to check out a few.

http://www.janas-creatives.de/blog/?cat=4

Have downloaded about 4 of them. This will be fun to see them. May want to take one or more into CAW and play a bit also. :D

The world my family is in now does not feel winter enough for now.