Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:33 PM Last edited by murfee : 8th Jan 2018 at 4:48 PM.
Default Made a custom Genie lamp, but can't interact -- help, please?
Hello, all!

I tried to clone the genie lamp from SHT in TSRW and make my own CC with a different mesh, but for some reason it's not showing up in any categories in-game.

I even ticked multiple categories (Hobbies & Skills, Entertainment, etc), so it wouldn't be hiding out somewhere in the debug section. (I can't find EA's lamp in buydebug, either -- I only ever get one with the LTR).

I had this same problem once before when cloning one of the decorative stage props from SHT -- the only way I got it to work was cloning a base game object and swapping out all the meshes/textures. Now I'm having the same issue with SHT's lamp.

I didn't want to try cloning a basegame decor object and swapping out the scrip class, because I'm worried that the animations and stuff might not carry over.
But at this rate I'm gonna try it and see what happens.
[EDIT] Nope, utter failure -- this time it actually showed up in the category, but when I clicked it there were no options available. Grrrr.

Yeah, so I figured I'd ask, since this seems to be a recurring issue with SHT stuff with me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:58 AM
I think I might have figured something out.
I was getting help with a different object issue and was told about the Common Block section in the Grid for OBJD.

I was snooping around and stumbled upon the BuildBuyProductStatusFlags section under Common Block, and found something rather interesting, so I quickly opened my genie lamp to compare entries.
And guess what?
The Show In Catalog option was set to False, omg.

Tomorrow I have a lot of testing to do!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:04 PM Last edited by murfee : 8th Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM.
Update: Nope.

Good news: it finally showed up in the category! (A strange thing is that it had the LN icon on it, not the SHT one???? That can't be good. :\)
Bad news: just like my attempt to clone decor and add the genie lamp script, it had no interaction options in-game when clicked. It had even less actually, since the decor/script version still had View, like regular decor does.

So, yeah, no dice.
[EDIT] I think forgot how to use genie lamps, since even the regular one in BuyDebug isn't giving me interactions and IDKY. (I can't remember if I needed to already have a genie on the lot with a lamp in their inventory via CAS, or purchase the LTR lamp, in order to get a functioning one. Neither option would help me any, though, since I don't want them using EA's lamp at all; I want to use mine. Can a genie even change which lamp it lives in, if you have more than one? Oy vey.)

I even looked around to see if anyone else made modified genie lamp CC, and couldn't find any who had. What's going on with this thing?

[EDIT]
I decided to try Deep Cloning the genie lamp in S3OC and swapping the MLODs out with mine via Milkshape, in case something else was going on in the game file that I was messing up in TSRW.
I changed the in-game category stuff but left everything else alone. It showed up in-game (with the SHT icon), but again there were no interactions. Even worse: the textures I replaced didn't show up, so it was just a naked mesh with no texture on it. :P

Lord.