Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Le Carrera : 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:06 AM.
Default The Wishing Well
The Lucky Palms store item. Has anyone else made wishes with it? What outcomes have your wishes had?

My lonely little fairy wished for a "child", and she got an adorable little white kitten!!! :lovestruc I was so happy and amazed, that is literally the cutest thing ever. Now she has a perfect little fuzzy baby! I have heard that it is possible to get a human child with the "evil" trait, which the game seems to think is a bad thing... I don't think it's bad at all considering a lot of my simmies are evulz.

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:54 AM
When the well came out, there was a thread on the official Sims site dedicated to the evil children.
Good children come as babies but if you're unlucky (or lucky depending on if you like the evil setting) you get an evil child age sim who hates your Sim.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:38 AM
My teen sim wished for love (which I thought would be just a moodlet that would make him attractive or lucky with romantic interactions or something), but then he kissed a frog and it turned into a girl. Their relationship was set to the highest level in romantic interest and he automatically got a cheater reputation. Thankfully I asked to just be friends before his girlfriend found out...
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:10 PM
This thread is wide open to a tasteless cat and girlfriend joke...

But I'm not gonna do it. Nope. Not me.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:52 PM
Wish for child = good outcome is a randomly generated baby; bad outcome is a child with the evil trait, a kitten (with ts3 pets installed), or a puppy (with ts3 pets installed)

Wish for love = good outcome is kissing the frog and a randomly generated sim appearing; bad outcome is kissing the frog and nothing happening

Wish for happiness = good outcome is a mood-boosting moodlet that lasts for a few hours; bad outcome is nothing happening

Wish for power = good outcome equals a promotion or selecting a job for an unemployed sim; bad outcome is nothing happening

Wish for wealth = good outcome is money; bad outcome is getting your wish coin thrown back at you

If you've also got the gambling stuff, searching for a lucky coin can net you $7.5k in the slot machine if you're lucky
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:57 PM
Getting a puppy or kitten is a "bad" outcome?! I completely and totally disagree! I even kind of wish it was possible to get a foal as well (but that might break the game I guess). But thank you for the info on the other wishes
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:07 PM
Some additions, though:

Wish for wealth, good outcome: random amount of money (several hundreds maximum), an uncut gem, a lucky coin or some random base game car

Wish for love, good outcome: the resulting Sim is usually in accordance with a Sim's gender preference, so if they're bi or undecided it could be any gender; the age of the generated Sim is very random, however, you could end up with an elder, an adult or a young adult if you Sim is not a teen.

If you don't have a mod that randomises freshly spawned Sims, they will all be pudding faces.

The Sims that spawned from the frog will be added to the homeless pool.
Alchemist
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:57 PM
Technically, the game doesn't consider that getting a pet is a bad outcome. It's a variation of the good outcome.

Wishing for power also allows you to get "My Own Biggest Fan" moodlet. IIRC, this moodlet causes your Sim to autonomously check him/herself out in the mirror very often. It's very annoying, so I always consider that as "bad" outcome.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Some additions, though:

Wish for wealth, good outcome: random amount of money (several hundreds maximum), an uncut gem, a lucky coin or some random base game car

Wish for love, good outcome: the resulting Sim is usually in accordance with a Sim's gender preference, so if they're bi or undecided it could be any gender; the age of the generated Sim is very random, however, you could end up with an elder, an adult or a young adult if you Sim is not a teen.

If you don't have a mod that randomises freshly spawned Sims, they will all be pudding faces.

The Sims that spawned from the frog will be added to the homeless pool.

I tried this multiple times as a female YA, got 2 elders with broken heart and one of them died because... I broke her heart. I wish MY FEMALE SIM WOULD GET A GUY AND NOT SOME OLD HAGS!!